IndyCar

Round four: Sao Paulo Indy 300

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

1Will Power takes pole position in Brazil ahead of Dario Franchitti – will this be the weekend we finally see Franchitti back on top form?

Honda seem to be going better after the turbo change as Dixon is third ahead of Hinchcliffe. Row three is also shared by a Chevrolet and Honda duo: Hunter-Reay and Wilson.

None of the home drivers start in the top ten: Kanaan 12th, Barrichello 16th, Castroneves 17th and Beatriz 22nd.

Join us for F1 Fanatic Live during the race on Sunday.

Don
    Participant
    Mikemat5150
    Participant

Pagenaud, JR, Sato, and Rubens should be interesting coming up through the field. Should be a great race tomorrow.

If it rains watch out for Bourdais!

The race could start half an hour early:

Green Flag was scheduled for 12:37 (11:37 ET) but may be moved up 30 mins based on forecast which prev said 20% chance of rain at 12.

Sky’s Keith Heuwen confirms the race start time has been brought forward and their coverage will start early:

#IndyCar is starting early!! It’s confirmed that the green flag is at 4:07pm – Sky Sports F1HD will be on air at 4pm – See ya then!

http://twitter.com/KeithHuewen/statuses/196577682471915520

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sato podium! That’s all that matters.

Well after all that the rain stayed away!

Another win for Power but the star for me was Sato – 25th to third behind Hunter-Reay! Good stuff.

The spate of restarts due to the tangles at the first corner was disappointing to see. You have to ask whether this track is suitable for double-file restarts.

And Barrichello’s got to get on top of his fuel conservation, he’s had fuel dramas at the end of every race so far.

Next up: the Indianapolis 500!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Not exactly a classic but entertaining at times. Franchitti did well, aside from spinning around he managed to climb up to a respectable position. What happened to him on the final restart? He was 3rd then nowhere?!

Looking forward to my first Indy 500!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Since Power is dominating in the road courses, I wonder if he is one of the rare Indycar drivers that could find success in Formula 1?

Don
    Participant

A dominating performance by WP, the road course master.

A fantastic drive by Sato, from starting on the last row to the podium.

I think there are a few IndyCar drivers that could be successful in F1 (especially Power), as long as they were on a competitive team.

I was surprised by the TV coverage. They video feed was from Brazilian TV, but they rarely showed any of Rubens action. They showed a bit more of Kanaan than Rubens, weird.

Now on to the Indy 500!

Joel Holland
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys I would say he could cut it in F1, but at 31 he’s almost certainly too old. And unless someone offers him a winning seat what’s the point anyway?

MatK77
    Participant

I found the coverage to be on the brink of unwatchable – by far the worst of the year, which is a stretch after St. Pete. I understand that the direction was from the local Brazilian station, but it rarely covered the action – I lost count how many times the director cut away from drivers attempting banzai overtaking dives to cover other cars doing nothing in particular. The battle for second early in the race was completely lost so we could watch Kat Legge trundle down the looooong pitlane with a puncture. The coverage flickered from one group of cars to another between corners, the camera operators refused to follow the same car through a sequence of cuts, and to cap it off NBCSN insisted on showing long shots of the Sao Paolo traffic or hum-drum technical clips while the green flag was out.

Whinge over. On to Indy :)

Don
    Participant

Agreed Matk77. The video coverage was bad by Brazilian TV.

@bluestar77 Yep the camerawork was pretty terrible at times. And that technical feature in the opening laps? What were they thinking?

Don
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.