Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

IndyCar

Public Group active 2 weeks, 4 days ago

The group for IndyCar fans.

Rubens Barrichello to test for KV Racing in IndyCar

This topic contains 65 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SoLiDG
    SoLiDG
    Participant

With the new DW12 car it’s a nice time to make a debut as a high profile driver.
    Everyone has to relearn the cars!

Profile photo of Joel Holland
    Joel Holland
    Participant

WOW! This would be the coolest thing ever. TK and Rubens at KV (they’re mates – they did a helmet swap once) would be a freakin’ dream team! Oh, and Viso can pay the bills.

http://www.leblogauto.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/barrichello-kanaan.jpg

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

As much as I like Rubinho,, it’d be sad if KV hire him: I really hope Esteban Guerrieri (runner up in Indy-Light last year) can make it. Vasser said he wants him, but as always he needs money…

It’d be terrible for him to be kept out… :(

Joel Holland
    Participant

@fer-no65 With you on Guerrieri. He’s a proper talent and I hope he gets a seat somewhere. But Rubens at KV would be good for IndyCar. It would move the needle, as Curt Cavin likes to say.

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

Rubens would be great for IndyCar, yeah. Someone with his experience, and his career is good news, obviously.

But I dunno. I know Guerrieri’s been doing everything to be in IndyCar. No one in Argentina seems bothered, though… to think that last monday it was 2 years since the official confirmation of Lopez at US F1, and now we got a REAL chance to see an Argie in a top tier racer, we ignore it. It’s cruel.

Profile photo of sennaboy3
    sennaboy3

Wow! This could be a strong boost to IndyCar! I may even have to go if Rub joins up!

Profile photo of Mikemat5150
    Mikemat5150
    Participant

I think he’s stated before that his wife doesn’t want him to do the 500. Hopefully she’s reconsidered and can do a proper full schedule.

Joel Holland
    Participant

@Mikemat5150 Hear hear! If Alesi reckons he can still hack it at Indy there’s no reason Rubens can’t.

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@Mikemat5150 Shouldn’t get carried away but the prospect of Jean Alesi and Rubens Barrichello racing in the Indy 500 is very appealing!

Profile photo of Mikemat5150
    Mikemat5150
    Participant

If Rubens does go to the 500 it should be one of the strongest races in years. We’ll see what Bourdais can do this year too.

Profile photo of Adam Tate
    Adam Tate
    Participant

I very much hope Rubens signs on to race in Indycar, it would be more than a boost to Indycar, it would almost be a like a coup! A pairing of Rubens and his good buddy TK would be utterly fantastic.

Profile photo of damonsmedley
    damonsmedley
    Participant

I’m not sure I’m happy with it. I’m still in denial over his F1 career being finished, so I’m hoping he’ll get a seat somewhere! If he goes to Indy Car, it would probably spell and end to any hope he had of getting an F1 drive. :(

Profile photo of KNF
    KNF

Didn’t Rubens promise his wife that he’ll never race on ovals? Although he needs a drive and the DW12 is clearly a safer car than the previous spec, I think he’ll have to do some serious selling to her on that idea…

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

This from Tony Kanaan:

“As we couldn’t keep a secret any more Rubens Barrichello will be testing for us. Very proud he can help KV Racing and myself with his feedback.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.