Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

IndyCar

Public Group active 2 weeks, 2 days ago

The group for IndyCar fans.

Rubens in Indycar – How is he going to do?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joel Holland
    Joel Holland
    Participant

Didn’t mean to rhyme in the end to the above comment but, reading it back, it is wonderfully lyrical :D

Profile photo of joac21
    joac21
    Participant

Im expecting a title challenge. not less.

they all start from zero with the new car

Profile photo of Joey-Poey
    Joey-Poey
    Participant

It levels the playing field but they don’t all start from zero. There’s decades of experience and knowledge in the top teams that help them learn how to set up and adapt to the new car. Think of Penske and Ganassi as being like the Ferrari and McLaren of Indy: they won’t be so easily toppled. I think there’s a good chance some lesser teams could come to the fore, but I anticipate the big 2 still making up most of the front of the field.

That said, I do think Rubens could realistically snag some podiums. Do I want him to come in and dominate Mansell style? Hell yes. But I don’t want to go in starry-eyed and be let down. More than anything, I’m excited at the fact that this could be a great opportunity for me to not only get to watch him race, but actually go meet him and shake his hand.

Profile photo of TheJudge
    TheJudge

He is the reason I’ll follow indy this season. And I think he’ll do great,because he looks interested and ready to race with the indy. He’s been a competitive driver all carer long and now,when he’s in indycar,where all teams has almoast eaqual chances of winning. With his talllent,he could become a title contender.

Joel Holland
    Participant

If anyone from outside Ganassi and Penske is still in with a title shout with three races left I’ll be shocked. If it’s Rubens I’ll be stunned. If he wins the title in his first year I will be utterly blown away. Were I a betting man I would not put my money anywhere beyond Dixon/Franchitti/Power.

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Here’s Barrichello talking about testing at Sebring, and some shots of his car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDttjqGMNM

Profile photo of Victor_RO
    Victor_RO
    Participant

Oh no, Rubens is catching the “y’know” bug! :))

Joel Holland
    Participant

Just listened to the Trackside with Cavin & Kevin podcast (which every IndyCar fan should check out). When Kevin Lee interviewed Rubens he sounded almost reverential! His voice was low; he could even have been nervous. They’re treating him like such a star.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Well if he does still prefer right-foot braking he’ll be catered for:

http://indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/51255-franchitti-moves-to-right-of-center/

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Here’s part two of that interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2aXwQ4mrZQ

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.