Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

IndyCar

Public Group active 13 hours, 15 minutes ago

The group for IndyCar fans.

The new DW12 IndyCar in team liveries

Tagged: 

This topic contains 66 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I still think the post-2009 F1 cars look terrible.

And I think the pre-2009 cars – especially the 2007 and 2008 designs were horrible.

And I fear with the new nose regulations this year they’re going to be worse.

I’m expecting a lot of noses like the MP4-26. When Horner and Brawn were making dire predictions of ugly cars, it was mostly because they didn’t want the regulations since a lowered nose meant less air travelling over the front splitter, which meant less downforce.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’ve also found this shot of Will Power’s Verizon car, which I think gives a better sense of how the cars look in a side profile. They’re not very pretty.

sato113
    Participant

@keithcollantine you say the lower noses on the 2012 f1 cars will make them look worse. but don’t you agree the brawn gp was one of the better looking cars on the 2009 grid? that had a very low nose (comparatively)

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@sato113 They’re not going to look like that – they’re going to look more like the 2010 Virgin.

GeorgeTuk
    Participant

I like, it looks different after having the last chassis so long but good luck to them.

Seems like they are more modern Pippa Mann was saying last night they are at last putting carbon brakes on them…couldn’t believe they were still using steel!

Will be able to watch this on Sky when I get the new place…woop!

ECWDanSelby
    Participant

That Lotus is really gorgeous…. Oooph, I said it!!

matt90
    Participant

They’re not going to look like that – they’re going to look more like the 2010 Virgin.

Eurgh, that car was horrible.

Modern Indycars all look the same to me. ;)

Lotus one’s nice though.

sato113
    Participant

@keithcollantine oh, yuk! ideally the cars would be 2008-looking without the flick ups and addons, and with the new racier pirelli tyres. good racing and good looking cars!

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Here’s some footage of Panther’s car in action, pity about the music, engine sounds good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOozRDCYbs

matt90
    Participant

@keithcollantine
    What’s the reason for the new nose regs? Other than making the cars ugly, of course.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@matt90 On the F1 cars? Safety – they don’t want cars having noses higher than the cockpit anti-intrusion panels.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

What’s wrong with the music? In fact, it’s actually cut to it much better than I would have expected for something like this (and from what isn’t a huge team anyway). /editingnerding

Seeing the car in action in a video really just reaffirms to me that those flicks in front of the rear wheels are butt-ugly. They look like something out of speed racer, so no thank you.

Also interesting to know they ran it at Sebring. I think AJ and I had a discussion in another thread how even though we’d love to see them run there, it’d be too dangerous with how bumpy the course is. Maybe it isn’t? Dunno since I don’t know how hard they run them in testing.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

This one looks pretty sharp:

http://t.co/I2YlVbKk

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.