IndyCar

Unusual IndyCar trophy includes a video of a race

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just saw this in a Tweet from Ed Carpenter – his trophy from the Fontana event has a built-in screen which plays a video of the race!

Bullfrog
    Participant

That’s nuts! There must have been a meeting in which someone said “I’ve got a great idea…”

Better than an FIA Road Safety sticker though – all the top 3 in F1 and WEC will be picking away at their trophies tonight…

Fer no.65
    Participant

That’d look good in any thropy cabinet !

Wonder how it gets the power from… surely it’s plugged ! And if it’s battery powered, I hope they did a better job than Pink Floyd’s original Pulse album, which had a little LED that pulsated like a heartbeat but once the battery was finished, you couldn’t replace it… That dead LED in my CD rack annoys me…

Fisha695
    Participant

A kid I was friends with back years ago had that album and he was able to replace the batteries. It was just like a little plastic cover that you had to slide the LED & AA Battery out of, there was even a sticker on it telling you it should be replaced every so often.

TommyB
    Participant

This is the ONLY way to make those Santander trophies any good.

Fer no.65
    Participant

@fisha695 he probably owns the last bunch of the album. The one I have uses one of those clock batteries (those round and flat ones) which is located at the bottom of the box, covered by cardboard. So you either don’t change it, or you break the box.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thats pretty neat, but how uninspiring is the font in the the glass and on the name plaque! very u.s. generic looking.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.