IndyCar

Video: Power quickest in rain-hit Barber practice

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Don.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Will Power was quickest in the first practice session at Barber Motorsports Park – the second was shortened due to rain.

Round one winner Helio Castroneves was second quickest.

Rubens Barrichello was fifth-quickest in the first session, within four-tenths of a second of Power, with Takuma Sato third and Josef Newgarden fourth.

Here’s video from the first two practice sessions. We’ll be running F1 Fanatic Live again during the race on Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_OiBeoouM

Anonymous
    Inactive

I read this on SportsIllustrated.com today:

Barrichello wants IndyCar to classify him a rookie

I didn’t realize that rookies in IndyCar got extra practice time. That makes some sense! (Fifth fastest, though — not too shabby!)

Don
    Participant

Thanks for the embedded video Keith. I love the onboard camera pointed at the drivers. IndyCar now has capabilities of 4 onboard cameras. How long before F1 copies that?

Seems odd to me that Rubens is trying to get rookie status. More track time for him is good yes, but with 19 years in F1 it’s hard to think of him as a IndyCar rookie.

It will be very interesting to see how he qualifys at Barber. A track he should feel right at home at.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.