IndyCar

Where does Alexander Rossi fit in 2017?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Craig Woollard
    Participant

So it has emerged that Alexander Rossi has multiple options in both F1 and IndyCar for 2017. It also confirms that he was approached regarding replacing Haryanto this season, but he rejected the offer. So where will Rossi end up next year?

In terms of his F1 options he mentions both Manor and ‘one other team’. Given that his marketability has increased by winning a certain race in May, I would suspect that team may be Sauber. Despite new investment coming in, it is unclear what their line-up may look like next season, and whether they will be looking at quick drivers, quick pay drivers, or pay drivers.

As for his IndyCar options, it seems clear that Andretti wants him to stay. He has been highly impressive this season, even when you look beyond his Indy 500 win. Rumour has it that Penske and Ganassi are looking to retain their respective quartets for next year, but you can’t help but feel that the likes of Castroneves, Kanaan and Montoya won’t be around for too much longer. I have seen Josef Newgarden linked to Ganassi, which would open up a seat at Carpenter. Despite his win earlier this season, I am unsure of how long Seb Bourdais will be at KVSH too.

I personally feel that Rossi will stay at Andretti, but I am interested to see what you all think.

WheelToWheel
    Participant

Or the other team could possibly be Haas? Rossi definitely deserves a better IndyCar seat, I wish he could move to Ganassi next year, seems a perfect match

Retired
    Participant

That’s a tough one. It’s either make it or break it for him.

If he can get a seat in Formula 1, then again he’ll think twice about it. I’m not sure he has the budget to land in a points-scoring team, so he may rather stay in IndyCar than getting blue flags in a Manor or a Sauber F1 car.
    Only Haas would be a good option for him in F1.

In IndyCar, it’s quite different. He’s just won the Indy 500, one of the most famous race of the world, hats off!
    In the championship, he’s 11th thanks to a steady drive, standing ahead of past champions Montoya, Hunter-Reay and Bourdais.

Looking at the full picture, I think he’ll stay in IndyCar next year, likely with Andretti, waiting in line along with Newgarden and Hinchcliffe to take a seat at Penske or Ganassi.

I’d like to see him in the Haas next season

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.