Karting

Karun Chandok’s Karting Carnival at Whilton Mill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Harry Westwood
    Participant

Hello karters of F1F! I don’t know if anyone here has heard but Karun Chandhok has organised a charity karting event at Whilton Mill on the 1st of September. I’ll post the link explaining more details below. I need 2 more people to join me so I’m posting here to see who’s interested. I’ll tag some of my mates but if you know of anyone who wants to compete whether they can be on my team or not please tag them so as to get plenty of teams made. Thanks :) @jamiefranklinf1, @bradley13, @raginginferno, @formula-1, @sato113.

f199player
    Participant

I’ll be interested :)

Harry Westwood
    Participant

Great mate thanks :) I think I may also have another now but guys remember to keep tagging mates :)

f1alex
    Participant

I’ve already sent in my team’s entry, looks like it’ll be a great event! We finished on the podium last year but with a different format and double number the teams entering, competition is gonna be very tough!! :D

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@f199player how good are you at karting? I don’t have any experience really but I’m looking at doing some karting practice in the summer hols

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@f1alex how many teams are allowed to enter this year?

f199player
    Participant

been doing it for a few years now and i film my races http://youtu.be/TZPx81rs0SM?t=4m4s

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@f199player great! :D if you know anyone else who can race then direct em this way ;) glad to have you onboard if you’re happy with that?

f1alex
    Participant

@sirspuddington 48 I think, because there will be 2 separate groups of 24. Two heats each for both groups and then a final at the end to decide the winner :)

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@f1alex awesome I can’t wait :) this sounds like it’ll be great :D

f199player
    Participant

Im fine with that :)

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@f199player great :) I’m pretty sure I’ve got another driver but if not we just need 1 more :)

Does anyone know anything about the charity it’s in aid of? I did a cursory search on the “Vishnu Devananda Charitable Trust” and didn’t find a website. It seems to be run by Chandhok’s mother. I’m not suspicious or anything, just curious to know what it does.

I’d very much like to offer to be the third man but I’m afraid I’m busy that weekend. Good luck finding someone.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@keithcollantine I think it’s in aid of educating underprivileged children in India.

Maybe 1 year, F1Fanatic could send down a team to compete then make an article for it?

Scott Joslin
    Participant

Hi guys – I’d be up for this. I’ve done a bit of Karting over the years.

Let me know if you still need someone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.