Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton
  • Profile picture of Oli Peacock

Moto GP

Public Group active 2 months ago

The group for Moto GP fans.

2013 Moto GP Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 82 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Roald Roald 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Calum
    Calum
    Participant

Was concerned when I heard Marquez had crash, haven’t felt like that since I used to back Stoner and he was falling off the Ducati every other week.

Nevertheless – Repsol Honda (@HRC_MotoGP) Twitter: “Marquez declared fit to race”

Profile photo of the_sigman
    the_sigman
    Participant

Great finish!!! That’s why MotoGP is better than F1!!

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

Had me shouting at the screen, motoGP always delivers :D

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

I certainly don’t wish for riders to get hurt, but Marquez was lucky not to be. Pedrosa lost the chance of having his main rival out of the race, and spoilt the one of overtaking him on track.
    I hear Marquez was penalised for his crash but I don’t know how nor when. In F1 he would’ve got a grid penalty and due to the seriousness of his mistake I was surprised the stewards decided agains influencing his race with the penalty.
    Great race by the top 3, Pedrosa, then Marquez and Lorenzo made it thrilling as usual! But Dani should get back to winning now!

the_sigman
    Participant

@fixy Marquez got his penalty points (MotoGP has a penalty system) because of ignoring yellow flags (Crutchlow crashed moments before at the same spot). Fair penalty.

Profile photo of Calum
    Calum
    Participant

Pfft. What a joke, how could a team make such a silly error?!

Reminds me a bit of Hamilton, China 2007 with the late tyre call.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Yeah, that was just downright bizarre.

Profile photo of Aditya F. Yahya
    Aditya F. Yahya
    Participant

Haha, Marc is disqualified because missing the mandatory pit window. Is it him wanted to stay out or HRC forget to call their driver in?
    At least title battle is still on!

Wondering whether F1 should have taken this approach back in Indy 2005

the_sigman
    Participant

@adityafakhri Well, I think that the tyre blankets were on when Lorenzo (and Marquez should have) pitted.

Profile photo of Adam Hardwick
    Adam Hardwick
    Participant

What the hell is going on with MotoGP this weekend? They seem to be making it up as they go along. Yesterday it was reported that the race length would remain the same, with a mandatory pit stop between 12-14 laps, and now today it IS shortened, with the window before lap 10. No wonder people were confused.

Next race the top ten riders must play a game of fizz buzz using wheelies when they cross the line in order to qualify.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The rules were updated to reflect the changing conditions. Today was considerably cooler than yesterday, which made the degradation suffered by the tyres much more exaggerated than they had been throughout the weekend.

Profile photo of Calum
    Calum
    Participant

F1 was really lucky, considering that three major motorsports have taken place in Japan in consecutive weeks: F1, WEC, MotoGP – and the last two have been affected badly by the rain.

This morning’s MotoGP Motegi quali was a one-off 75 minute session to give the riders a practice on the track as well as set the grid order for the race.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.