Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton
  • Profile picture of Oli Peacock

Moto GP

Public Group active 1 month ago

The group for Moto GP fans.

2013 Moto GP Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 82 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Roald Roald 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roald
    Roald
    Participant

Sad that Spies is retiring indeed. But his 2012 campaign on the factory Yamaha was pretty much a disaster and he has barely raced this year…

Good news though, we already know Suzuki’s returning to MotoGP in 2015 and now Aprilia is making their comeback in 2016. That’s back to 5 factory teams; Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, Suzuki, Aprilia. Fantastic news, bring on the competition!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I wonder if he might have some problems in his life outside of racing maybe? Why not just take a year off and get fully fit then try to come back? Retire??

Profile photo of Steph
    Steph
    Participant

Some injuries don’t ever completely heal, particularly if you’ve had multiple bumps to the same place.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@stephanief1990

Yep, could be. I wonder in hindsight if he should have stayed in WSBK another year? It’s sad he’s out.

Profile photo of Roald
    Roald
    Participant

To quote Lorenzo, the title isn’t his to win but Marquez’s to lose. He’ll have to finish at least 4th right? Unless he crashes there’sno way he’ll finish lower.

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

Marquez took pole ahead of Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Rossi.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Exciting as it is, I think the series still has a lot to do. I’m hoping that they will be able to abandon CRT/Open class once Aprilla arrives.

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Lets do the permutations, shall we? Marquez leads the championship by 13 points from Lorenzo. Lorenzo will win the championship if:

Lorenzo wins and Marquez finishes 5th or worse;
    Lorenzo finishes 2nd and Marquez finishes 9th or worse;
    Lorenzo finishes 3rd and Marquez finishes 13th or worse;
    Lorenzo finishes 4th and Marquez doesn’t score points.

In all other cases (including Marquez finishing in the top 4) Marquez will be crowned champion. Realistically, Lorenzo can only win the championship if Marquez crashes.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Vinales wins the Moto3 title at the last corner.

Profile photo of Bosley
    Bosley
    Participant

What a race, seriously, I can’t remeber the last time I sat up that much and shouted at the TV.

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

First 6 laps in MotoGP…

dear god !

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

Again, MotoGP doing it right. The guy wins the championship, he goes mad, FIM shows a clip with Marquez, and the graphics: “2013 MotoGP Champion”.

They don’t do that in F1…

Profile photo of safeeuropeanhome
    safeeuropeanhome
    Participant

The opening 10 laps of that race was stunning! Why did Pedrosa not race like that all season!?

Also thinking back to that controversial move Marquez pulled on Lorenzo all the way back in Jerez where he barged in the side of him to get past. Well that move has just won him the championship!! He comes 2nd instead of 3rd all the way back in Spain in round 3, getting 4 extra points, which is the margin he ends up winning the title by. If Lorenzo finished 2nd in that race he would have won the title because he had more race wins. Just goes to show how fine the margins can be at the very top. Stunning from Marquez, to be so mature as a rookie in the premier class. Yeah he’s had a bit of luck with having big crashes and escaping injury but he is just a joy to watch ride that motorbike. And as for Lorenzo, I honestly think he is up there as one of the true all time greats; the Honda has been a stronger package over the season and the way Lorenzo has ridden to take the fight to Marquez and Pedrosa has been nothing short of incredible.

(Although of course Marquez had a bit of leeway as I’m sure Dani would have let him past if he needed to come 2nd to win the title.)

Profile photo of Tomsk
    Tomsk
    Participant

Well that was good fun wasn’t it. Better than Ben-Hur, and even after it calmed down, I could watch slo-mos of Marquez all afternoon.

Even Vettel didn’t think of the World Champion helmet…what a great show they put on there.

Time for F1 to pull its finger out, steal a few ideas and put some life back into its post-race show. Starting with each driver choosing and keeping their own race number, from GP3 upwards. (If they’re not good enough, someone else can have their number)

Profile photo of the_sigman
    the_sigman
    Participant

The first 10 laps were like Moto3 races! The rest was a bit of Formula 1, but it was an amazing championship, from start to finish, and with a deserved champion!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.