Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton
  • Profile picture of Oli Peacock

Moto GP

Public Group active 1 week, 5 days ago

The group for Moto GP fans.

2013 Moto GP Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 82 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Roald Roald 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Those first ten laps were more exciting than anything I saw in F1 this year imo. A good chunk of the mid season was a bit of a bore, but MOTOGP still gives me that sit up and yell feeling!

Profile photo of Broke84
    Broke84
    Participant

Marquez saved his Honda today in testing. The bike had some nice livery, is this a new livery for ’14 or do they test in different colours?

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

They might just be testing in different colours. Repsol are staying on as title sponsor next year, so I don’t expect them to change much.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I just saw the photos on the MotoGP website, and it’s definately a test livery. All of the teams using new bikes for the 2014 season are testing in plain black liveries, whilst those who aren’t changing have been testing in their 2013 liveries. The only real changes have been to the number artwork.

Profile photo of Stefaan De Ganck
    Stefaan De Ganck
    Participant

Anyone who buys the official MotoGP yearbook by Julian Ryder as well? Normally this is being released somewhere in december, but this year there appears to be a significant delay. The proposed release date has been set back for several times already; the latest news is that it finally should be released on 28th March, which is 5 days after the beginning of the 2014 season! On both Amazon and Haynes websites you can already look at a sneak preview of the book, so it appears it is finally coming together. Anybody who knows more about the delay?

Profile photo of In_Silico
    In_Silico
    Participant

What a race eh? Nothing better than high quality racing and a close battle for the victory. Really incredible. Only heard about some regulation changes being made for this season a few hours before the race, as I haven’t kept up to date with MotoGP lately. Last season was utterly mind blowing with the amount of close races we had and unbelievable battles for the win between the likes of Lorenzo, Marquez and Pedrosa. And it’s almost as if it’s picked up where 2013 left off. I’m lost for words.

Profile photo of R.J. O'Connell
    R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Okay, that finish to the race in Qatar, and the duel between Marquez and Rossi?

Best racing I’ve seen all year. Sorry Whincup and McLaughlin.

Profile photo of Roald
    Roald
    Participant

Season got off to a fantastic start. To be honest, I was a bit skeptic about the rule changes, especially concerning the open class; they’re allowed to use a softer tyre in qualifying and carry 4 more liters of fuel during races. Aleix Espargaro looked like he was going to be faster than the factory bikes during pre-season testing and practice in Qatar but thankfully the factory bikes were back in front during the race. That’s good news because otherwise Yamaha and Honda might have threatened to pull out, I’m sure.

The race was fantastic, it’s a shame the new Bridgestone tyres put the likes of Lorenzo and Crutchlow at a disadvantage because they like carrying more speed into corners which these tyres do not allow. I’ve seen a lot of people on social media claim Rossi’s back but I’d hold your horses. He was equally good in Qatar last year and his season was far from brilliant, even his win in Assen wasn’t THAT much of an archievement because most other contenders were injured at that point. We’ll see if anyone can beat Marquez to his second title this year.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.