Moto GP

BT Sport – your opinion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Neel Jani
    Participant

So we are done with the first round of the MotoGP World Championship in Qatar and what a race it was. It was absolutely thrilling but I can’t say the same for BT Sport’s coverage.

Since the announcement, fans are going mad at the lineup (let’s not even talk about the exclusive rights). Let me be honest, I couldn’t survive the whole pre/post shows of the race since it really was boring.

Melanie Sykes who anyway bore the brunt of thousands of British fans seemed pathetically plastic. It was clear that she was trying a bit too hard and bring in some sexiness about the sport. With no prior background of the sport as well as hosting a live event, slip ups were expected (and quite normal actually) but to fail to identify teams and riders in MotoGP or even unable to pronounce names like ‘Espargaro’ was a let down.

Frankly, I was expecting a bit more from Neil Hodgson and James Toseland but was majorly let down. The so called grid walk was so out of the blue. I thought it would be a proper grid walk but it turned out that they only interviewed the British riders constantly telling them how proud the fans were about their performances. The race end was equally punishing when Neil Hodgson literally stuck the mike into Cal Crutchlow’s face assuming he had ran out of fuel.

Keith Huewen was the star! He couldn’t get his eyes off the British riders. Bradley Smith was perhaps the only thing he knew. I was tired with him constantly speaking about Bradly and how good he has been.

Thankfully it is a world feed or else if BT had the control, we would’ve only seen the British riders.

A BIG let down for me.

How was your experience?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.