• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton
  • Profile picture of Oli Peacock

Moto GP

Public Group active 1 month, 1 week ago

The group for Moto GP fans.

MotoGP to go to BT Sport in exclusive 2014 UK deal

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Journeyer Journeyer 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oli Peacock
    Oli Peacock
    Participant

Just found this on motogp.com and the nightmares of mid-2011 crop up….Please don’t go Pay to View, that would be a real kick in the teeth to a sport that hasn’t got a massive fanbase like Football, Rugby and now F1 which can just swing by on Sky F1 (for now)

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/BT+Sport+to+bring+MotoGP+to+British+audiences+from+2014

Profile photo of DaveF1
    DaveF1
    Participant

Ouch, now I know how F1 fans felt when it went to Sky.

Slightly gutted :/

Profile photo of RagingInferno
    RagingInferno
    Participant

Wow, very disappointing! Only got into MotoGP last season, so it’s frustrating to know that I won’t be able to watch it so soon after getting into it.

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Eurgh.

Profile photo of R.J. O'Connell
    R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Stateside, I’m not sure how much longer SPEED will be the series’ broadcaster once they’re rebranded as Fox Sports One this year or next…

Profile photo of Calum
    Calum
    Participant

Quite a strong package BT Sports are putting together. They have some top football league rights, now Moto GP, they probably need to get a tennis grand slam event and a golf major next if they really want to take on Sky Sports in the UK.

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

The BT Sports package will be available free to anyone with a BT Broadband package and I’m sure that’s a lot of people so already this is a lot better than the Sky deal. At least another company is coming along and challenging Sky in the sports arena where they have been dominant for far too long.

Profile photo of Journeyer
    Journeyer
    Participant

The fatal flaw of the MotoGP-BT deal is the lack of FTA as an option. F1 still shows all races on the BBC (albeit with only half shown live). MotoGP, it seems, will have no such option. And in a country where there’s already limited support for MotoGP, it makes it rather difficult to grow popularity for the sport.

The “free” bit annoys a lot of people, as it’s only free if you’re on BT Broadband. And more than a few people are complaining on Twitter that the connection is expensive and unreliable…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.