• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton
  • Profile picture of Oli Peacock

Moto GP

Public Group active 2 months, 1 week ago

The group for Moto GP fans.

The 2012 MotoGP thread

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Fixy Fixy 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Time to inject a little life into this group!

The 2012 MotoGP grid is almost complete, and it’s got some, uh, shall we say interesting rider line-ups:

Honda (Honda) – Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa
    Yamaha (Yamaha) – Jorge Lorenzo, Ben Spies
    Ducati (Ducati) – Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden
    Gresini (Honda, FTR-Honda) – Alvaro Bautista, Michele Pirro
    Tech 3 (Yamaha) – Cal Crutchlow, Andrea Dovizioso
    Aspar (TBA-Aprilla) – Randy de Puniet, Aleix Espargaro
    Cardion (Ducati) – Karel Abraham
    Pramac (Ducati) – Hector Barbera
    LCR Honda (Honda) – Stefan Bradl
    BQR Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki) – Yonny Hernandez
    Forward Racing (Suter-BMW) – Colin Edwards
    Paul Bird Motorsports (TBA-Aprilla) – James Ellison
    Speed Master (TBA-Aprilla) – Anthony West
    Interwetten (TBA) – TBA
    Kiefer Racing (TBA) – TBA
    Marc VDS (TBA) – TBA

Gresini will enter one factory bike for Bautista, and one CRT bike for Piroo. Suzuki have withdrawn from the series, but have suggested they could come back in 2014.

Profile photo of ivz
    ivz
    Participant

Whats up with Rossi? I just read that Hayden qualified 5th and Rossi was 12th, in Qatar.

Profile photo of d3v0
    d3v0
    Participant

Okay first of all – What a race!!

The fight between Cal and dovizioso was intense for the first 3/4ths of the race, lots of really close cornering. The fight early on between Stoner and Pedrosa was fantastic! it was clear that Casey had the pace and needed to get by Pedrosa for the lead, since Pedrosa being slower was still keeping up with Lorenzo.

This is the first motoGP race I have ever watched and I am fascinated. Actually, I watched Malaysia last year. The worst MOTOGP EVER to watch on your first go. So I gave it a new shot this year.

What the hell is this issue with chatter the Stoner is having? Something about the awkward rebounding of the suspension on bumps in corners causing the rear to be unstable in the corners? Idk about this. It seemed to me that Stoner ended up falling back due to tyre wear/possibly excessive due to the sliding about because of chatter.

Is there a website which gets all technical about MotoGP like in F1, like say – scarbsf1 or f1technical.net?

Profile photo of d3v0
    d3v0
    Participant

I wanted to add how pleased I was at Edwards’ pace in the CRT Suter BMW. Suter is my last name. :)

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

I really enjoyed the race, great riding by the top 3 and also by Crutchlow and Dovizioso. Hayden was good to get the maximum from that Ducati, which even Rossi can’t ride to his liking. Bradl was also good.

Profile photo of Slr
    Slr
    Participant

The first race was quite good, though I missed the end >:(. I really hope Pedrosa can finally win the championship this year, it is so long overdue.

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

During the first races I definitively decided my favourite rider is Pedrosa. Another win in front of Lorenzo, it’s 4 in 5 races! Unfortunately he was taken out by Barbera at Misano, but then Lorenzo was taken out by Bautista at Assen. Lorenzo has ither finished 1st or 2nd apart from that retirement! Pedrosa lost some points at the start of the championship when he was usually behind Lorenzo and Stoner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.