Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

NASCAR

Public Group active 1 month ago

Group for fans of NASCAR.

Tony Stewart opens fire on NASCAR and fans

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Macca Macca 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of F1Yankee
    F1Yankee
    Participant

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-tony-stewart-being-tony-nascar-sprint-talladega-aarons-499

1996 indy rookie of the year, 1997 indy champ, 3x nascar champ

“Like I said, if we don’t crash half of the field by the end of the race, they really need to extend it because that is what the fans want. They want to see that excitement. I feel bad that as drivers we couldn’t do a better job of crashing enough cars for them today.”

i agree, nascar is nothing but a glorified demo derby. other series might be just as boring, but they target the more difficult objective of NOT crashing.

Profile photo of Girts
    Girts
    Participant

I regularly listen to some NASCAR podcast and they say that the race previews usually consist mainly of crashes. In other words, while a lot of NASCAR fans might like crashes, the promoters don’t do anything to curb that ‘guilty pleasure’, rather vice versa.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with crashes although I don’t think they should be used disproportionally when trying to promote the races. Crashes simply belong to motorsports, just like falls belong to figure skating. You don’t watch figure skating to see the sportsmen fall but it would be nonsensical to turn figure skating into a boring parade just to prevent falls at any cost. The important thing is that nobody gets hurt.

Profile photo of xbx-117
    xbx-117
    Participant

Hahaha, Tony is amazing. But while I’m sure he’s ****** as a car owner, crashes are what made NASCAR popular. Its why Bristol was sold out for almost 30 years straight. Then they paved it and there are fewer crashes, and only half the seats are filled. Crashes are exciting. If he hasn’t accepted that by now, not sure he should be in a management position.

F1Yankee
    Participant

like almost all race fans, i enjoy a good crash now and then. but when something exceptional becomes the norm, it loses all value. nascar beats that horse into dust, and it’s way past the point of detracting from the event. unless, of course, you’re an inbred degenerate with single digit IQ and teeth – then i guess all that driving frustratingly subtracts from the crashes.

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Glad to see the fire he opened was metaphorical.

F1Yankee
    Participant

Glad to see the fire he opened was metaphorical.

http://instantrimshot.com/

Profile photo of Macca
    Macca
    Participant

You don’t watch figure skating to see the sportsmen fall

You don’t watch figure skating at all. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.