Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

NASCAR

Public Group active 3 weeks, 4 days ago

Group for fans of NASCAR.

Video: Pit fight after Gordon crashes into Bowyer

This topic contains 25 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joey-Poey Joey-Poey 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Ugly scenes in the NASCAR race at Phoenix as a fight breaks out in the pits after Jeff Gordon deliberately crashed into Clint Bowyer following an earlier incident on the track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1klV_WiM8w

This is of course far from being the first such crash at a NASCAR-sanctioned event:

Kyle Busch crashes into Ron Hornaday in NASCAR Truck race

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

That’s what they like to see anyway… not judging you, Americans, but it’s kinda true. Otherwise they’d have banned Kyle Busch forever a long time ago.

Profile photo of strunk27
    strunk27
    Participant

Well to be fair not all americans feel this way, my dad and I both hate NASCAR for this reason particularly. Its not necessarily the fighting but the crowd going crazy cheering to see a fight. When I want to watch fight I watch boxing. When I want to watch racing I watch F1, ALMS, or Indycar.

Profile photo of MatK77
    MatK77
    Participant

Pathetic. Both the act and the reaction. If this is supposed to spice up ‘the show’, I’ll keep switching the channels to find where the grown-ups race.

There’s more than enough pseudo-reality shows on television that try to ram down our throats the lazy idea that volume and confrontation is a substitute for personality, and I don’t watch that garbage either.

Shame on the cud-chewers in the crowd for cheering the whole charade on, too.

Profile photo of xbx-117
    xbx-117
    Participant

That’s a years worth of frustration and anger finally boiling over. It’s a real shame because he’s had horrible luck. I’m a Jeff Gordon fan and its been really tough to watch this year. No excuse for his or anyone’s actions, but it makes a bit more sense in context.

Glad no one in F1 ever deliberately ran into someone, even to win a championship.

Profile photo of venom02
    venom02
    Participant

xbx-117 not sure if you serious or trolling.

Suzuka ’90 and Estoril ’97 are the proof of this going on even in the polite F1

Profile photo of celeste
    celeste
    Participant

When was the last time a pit crew from F1 had a fight after a crash?? I was thinking what will happened if this event will occour on modern F1?

Is a shameful behavoir, both the crash and the fight, I was very dissapointed of the public cheering on them after brawl started…

I think both teams should be banned for the rest of the season (I think there is only 1 or 2 races left)…

Profile photo of Todfod
    Todfod
    Participant

@xbx-117. I hope you’re being sarcastic.

Looks like Schumacher might have a future in Nascar.

Profile photo of James
    James
    Participant

What a bunch of apes. The drivers, the teams, the crowd and the people filming it. I’m glad F1 doesnt see this all that often.

Profile photo of Ryan Williams
    Ryan Williams
    Participant

I hope NASCAR steps in and punishes both the 24 and 15 crews. What Gordon did on the circuit was downright dangerous, but then to have Bowyer’s crew practically jump Gordon in the pits is disgusting behaviour on their part.

A ban from the race at Homestead next week is in order I think

Watching that video just makes me angry. It’s insulting to the memory of anyone who’s been killed in a motorsport accident that NASCAR doesn’t come down hard on on-track retaliations like that.

Profile photo of Carlitox
    Carlitox
    Participant

That’s totally insane. Jeff Gordon has lost every single bit of my respect, which was a lot. In fact, he was one of my favourites. Feel sorry for Joey and Aric, they were unluckily involved. And of course for Bowyer, a good result at Phoenix might have let him able to fight the title at Miami. I won’t lie, I’d have reacted just as bowyer did, maybe even worse. I’m kind of moody with these things.

Profile photo of Roald
    Roald
    Participant

Most people responding here are out of touch with reality. He deliberality ran into Bowyer, of course he’s going to get a response from people working very, very hard to get results on the racing track. You’d be angry, I’d be angry, and with a lot of angry people together, taken into account that Gordon caused a crash that could’ve hurt Bowyer he seriously had it coming. Bowyer didn’t ask to get rammed, Gordon didn’t ask for a beatdown… he’s not in a position to complain. Still, it’s not what we’d like to see, but the problem is Gordon and not the responding crew.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.