Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 weeks, 6 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Advice on trackside medical support?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BasCB BasCB 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mouse_Nightshirt
    Mouse_Nightshirt
    Participant

Guys and gals.

Was wondering if anyone could point me the right direction here. Some of you know I’m a doctor, and I’m heading in the direction of anaesthesia and acute care. Part of gearing myself up for this is to do a course in ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support).

I was wondering if I could utilise this as part of trackside medical support teams at race events, especially as I handily live within 45 minutes of Silverstone, both to provide support and get a bit more experience. Does anyone know of whom or which organisations I need to get in touch with to do this?

Thanks ahead for your help :D

Profile photo of LL Jehto
    LL Jehto

Shouldn’t it be the track owner? I believe they are the ones that usually organizes the GPs

Profile photo of LL Jehto
    LL Jehto

I found this, Mouse_Nightshirt:

http://www.barc.net/AMRCO/index.htm#sv

Octagon Motorsports Ltd.

Silverstone Circuit Towcester, Northamptonshire. NN12 8TN

Telephone +44 (0) 1327 857271

0844 3728 250

Fax +44 (0) 1327 857663

0844 3728 200

and their website: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/

I’m sure if you call them, they’ll be able to tell you something.

Profile photo of suffolk
    suffolk
    Participant

Have a look at the British Motorsport Marshals Club website http://www.marshals.co.uk/. From their FAQ:

What duties do BMMC Marshals cover?

According to experience, the jobs include: Post Chief, incident officer, experienced marshal (flag & incident), track marshal,spectator marshal, race administration, paddock marshal, pit marshal, startline marshal, telephonist, rescue unit crew, rally stage marshal, rally timekeeper, passage control marshal, sector marshal etc. etc. The list is almost endless. BMMC members include doctors, scrutineers, timekeepers, ambulance drivers, firemen and commentators. In fact BMMC members can and do perform every official job function at all levels of the sport.

The club was responsible for establishing the Emergency Services teams at Silverstone, Donington and Cadwell Park and provides the vast majority of their personnel.

Profile photo of Mouse_Nightshirt
    Mouse_Nightshirt
    Participant

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help :D

Profile photo of BasCB
    BasCB
    Participant

Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.