Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 day, 1 hour ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Anyone into music/soundcloud?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of electrolite electrolite 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    electrolite
    Participant

I was wondering if there were any musicians/music production enthusiasts on this site? I recall ages ago on the introduce yourself topic for instance that Ned was really interested in it. It’d be really cool to hear other F1 fans creations, if any at all. Please note this is NOT a form of self advertisement but merely something I don’t think has been discussed or shared much. Plus it’s my first off topic thread :) My soundcloud is soundcloud.com/lukeoliverpickering, let’s hear yours!

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Yeah Electrolite, well remembered. I’d love to be able to play an instrument or produce music, and I’ve had some helpful advice from F1F’s Beneboy and another friend of mine, but I’m not sure I’d have the dedication or concentration to learn anything, never mind the skill to be any good. So more the time being I’m merely a music lover

I listened to all your songs, and while I’m not much of a rock music fans these days (I prefer electronic stuff like house/ drum and bass) I quite liked what I heard! My favourite was the last one, Bullet, and I liked the line about the BNP in the previous song too!

smifaye
    Participant

Good idea Electrolite. I remember we had a thread going about what music people were into, but not about music created by F1 Fanatics.

I am in a band called The Good Suns, which you can find here: http://thegoodsuns.blogspot.com/

However I’m the only F1 Fanatic in the band.

I’d be interested to hear other F1 Fanatics music!

electrolite
    Participant

Love the production on the Good Suns stuff smifaye!

Thanks for listening Ned! Yeah the BNP one was for my friend’s EP which I recorded. ‘Fool’ is my little brother’s sudonym, but as far as I remember I do the vocals on all the others. That Bullet track is pretty old and was for my band couple of years back.

I would say get a free copy of Cubase from somewhere if you can, it’s really simple yet is a great gateway into some of the more complex programs like Pro Tools. You’re in Newcastle, aren’t you? It’s a shame, I’d love to be into making music in a big city like that :)

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Cubase eh… thanks, I’ll remember the name. The problem is my laptop isn’t really much good, I could do with an upgrade if I was going to take it seriously.

Yeah, I’m in Newcastle (well, I live across the Tyne in Gateshead but it’s basically a joint city). I’m not sure whether our music scene is all that special mind, I don’t recall seeing any major bands/ producers come out of Newcastle for years. I imagine the place to be if you’re looking to make a career out of music is London.

smifaye
    Participant

Thanks Electrolite! Really like your sounds on your soundcloud site. Remind a bit of an English Weezer/Pavement in some songs.

Plus good to hear music from Lincoln! I’m from Boston, but moved down to London for the band.

gpcampbell
    Participant

My band is at http://www.soundcloud.com/blistedpearl

And as for cubase its what we used as our DAW (Digital audio workstation) in the studio. Cubase is very powerful, its just layed out a little bit different in places from things like pro tools. It is every bit as powerful unless your using the outboard card for pro tools, but that costs around 4,000 +

Red Andy
    Participant

Here’s me: http://www.muziboo.com/RedAndy54/music/

This is just me, a guitar and a prehistoric 4-track recorder in my flat, so the sound quality is not brilliant. Good enough to get an idea of my playing/writing style though.

electrolite
    Participant

Nothing wrong with low sound quality Andy, some of my fondest recordings are through a horrible pc on audacity or something :P Your voice has a nice sort of flutter to it.

And Smifaye I love Weezer! I think their second album is my favourite of all time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.