Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 6 days, 18 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Barcelona can't handle greatest team in world!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scribe Scribe 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scribe
    Scribe
    Participant

OMG!!!! Arsene Wenger just trumped the hell out of Harry Redknapp. It was AWESOME!

I’m so proud to be a gooner today. Everything is shiny!

Profile photo of luigismen
    luigismen
    Participant

I’m with you on this one, not a gunner but I’m a Real Madrid fan, so… every Barcelona loss is good for me.

Great game tough, I can’t wait to see the next one at Barcelona

Profile photo of Enigma
    Enigma
    Participant

I reckon Barcelona played a bit better, but I’m glad Arsenal won. They’re my second favourite team, behind, believe it or not, Tottenham.

Profile photo of Macca
    Macca
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the spoiler alert guys. That’s just absolutely ruined the replay for me.

You muppet.

Profile photo of JCCJCC
    JCCJCC
    Participant

I hope Barcelona reverses the result in the second leg.

It’s not hard, Barcelona just have to repeat the result that my team did against Arsenal this year in champions league… 2-0…

Profile photo of MattHT
    MattHT

Arsenal played very very well, but remember they were at home, and conceded the away goal – could be crucial! If Arsenal keep a clean sheet in the Nou Camp they deserve to go through! But I can’t see it……

Spurs on the other hand went to the San Siro, scored the away goal and kept a clean sheet – they’re in charge!! But they don’t do clean sheets very often so 2nd leg will be tough.

Profile photo of RIISE
    RIISE

Arsenal were the worst team, it was Koscielny that kept them in it. It will be a walk over for Barca in the 2nd leg.

Profile photo of MattHT
    MattHT

I hope so :P

Thread title is misleading, Barcelona haven’t played Nottingham Forest in years…

Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

Was thinking the same Matt! Better result for Spurs but the Arsenal game just had the extra drama because they conceded at home.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Super match, super result. Just hope we can do the same to Sparta Prague tonight!

Profile photo of Scribe
    Scribe
    Participant

@RIISE ahhh go away, we know Barca are incredible. We realise we where basically outplayed for about an hour. Thing is we where never swept away, an our defense was incredibly solid considering it was Barca we were playing.

When we got the ball, we looked very slick on the counter, we made chances throughout the game, an converted more of ours then they did there’s. (what counts) Some stats for you:

TEAM

ARSENAL

BARCELONA

Corners

4—80%

1–20%

Goal attempts—10–55%

8–45%

On target

7—58%

5–42%

Fouls

16–55%

13-45%

Offside

3—27%

8–73%

Stats can be pretty misleading, but Arsenal doesn’t look very swept away there, an considering the way we had to play the game, in some ways, especially the amount of times we caught them offside, it shows that we well with them overall. Obviously, no one in history will ever be able to match what they do with the ball.

Barca is a painfull team for us, when we reached the Champions League final of 06, we where the better team, with a man sent off, for most of that game. They’ve caused us a fair amount of hurt recently an their transfer attitude towards are players has always been, an will probably always be, absolutley disgracefull.

We realise it’s only half time, we know we face superior opposition, away from home, with a 1 goal lead and an away goal conceeded. BUT WE BEAT BARCELONA! Let us enjoy that (an we will) thank you.

@Macca if your serious, woops sorry, got to improve your media blackout.

Profile photo of Asanator
    Asanator
    Participant

I don’t get the F1 connection :S

Profile photo of Klon
    Klon
    Participant

Who’s Arsene Wegner. I don’t remember anyone in F1 with that name.

Profile photo of RIISE
    RIISE

Wenger is the real reason behind Red Bull’s success, not Newey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.