Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 day, 19 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Britcar 24hrs

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    trigger
    Participant

Has anyone been to Britcar 24hrs at Silverstone? Im fancying another weekend away and was wondering if this is a good cheap event to go too?

Matt Clark
    Participant

Hi Trigger
    I am visiting the UK in Sept/Oct and am planning on attending Britcar 24 Hour. I’d be a fool not to attend an event at the magnificent Silverstone right? :P I love the epicness of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and I hope this race will have some similar qualities, just on a slightly smaller scale. And what an amazing chance to explore Silverstone and witness the eerie beauty of the cars driving throughout the night!

Here is an awesome vid I enjoyed from 2010 race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSjf_de_5pM&feature=related

Matt

Porkapie

I’ve been twice before and I’m going again this year.

It’s a fantastic event on a great circuit. I love the range of cars from the FIA GT spec Porsches and Moslers all the way to Diesel VW Golfs. Last year I was lucky enough to be involved in one of the parade laps (see my avatar). It’s well worth taking a few crates of beer and some friends with you though! I cant think of a better way to spend a weekend than drinking beer with friends whilst watching race cars on a world class circuit. A brolly might come in handy too. The camping was very well organised both times I’ve been before…although it is quite expensive nowadays.

Seeing the cars streaking through the dark and completely un-lit sections of the circuit is amazing. This is the only opportunity to see a 24 hour race with a variety of machinery in the UK so I’m amazed it’s not more popular.

So yes, this is a great cheap event to go to!

Matt Clark
    Participant

Sounds awesome Porkapie, thanks for your insight, I can’t wait ;)

One thing that crossed my mind, I wonder will we be able to watch the Singapore F1 GP on a TV somewhere at the track? I guess that it would be live sometime about noon on the Sunday in UK. Otherwise I’ll have to find somewhere to watch replay later.

I will be there camping too so if you see some Aussies with a Peugeot come have a drink with us.

Matt

Porkapie

Glad I could help. I’ll keep an eye out for you!

trigger
    Participant

Seems that I’m struggling to get the time off now to go to the Brit car event. The only other real option I have now is the touring cars in October at Silverstone.

I think I would still prefer to go to the Britcar 24 h but it would mean me oweing lots of days to work :( . So has anyone been to both and which do they recommend .

cduk_mugello
    Participant

Just about to book my tickets, there’s four of us going. Never been before, really looking forward to it. Is there any way to find out the entry list?

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@cduk_mugello I guess it’ll appear here when it’s ready:

http://www.britcar24hr.co.uk/cms/24hr.php

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.