Off-topic

Carrroll Shelby has died

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Funkyf1 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

F1Yankee
    Participant

http://www.racer.com/carroll-shelby-1923-2012/article/240851/

love him or hate him, he made some monster cars. he is the only man to win le mans as a driver, constructor and team owner.

robk23
    Participant

His road cars were some of the best, if you think of tuned Mustangs how many other people could you think of other than Carroll Shelby? RIP.

DamionShadows
    Participant

He was definitely one of the greatest American motorsport icons. Even though he was 89 years old and has had numerous heart problems over the years, I was still shocked to hear the news. As he so often said, ” Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, so live for today!”

S.J.M
    Participant

Sad to hear when one of the greats leaves us, but he left us with a litter of classic racecars/cars and his legacy will live on. Strange, I was only thinking about him the other day when I was reading about the GT40 development, and now this.

RIP Carroll Shelby

matt90
    Participant

RIP. Absolute legend involved in some of the greatest sports/racing cars, and a driver for Aston’s only Le Mans win in a gorgeous car.

Funkyf1
    Participant

Yep R.I.P another legend has passed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.