Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Carrroll Shelby has died

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Funkyf1 Funkyf1 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of F1Yankee
    F1Yankee
    Participant

http://www.racer.com/carroll-shelby-1923-2012/article/240851/

love him or hate him, he made some monster cars. he is the only man to win le mans as a driver, constructor and team owner.

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

His road cars were some of the best, if you think of tuned Mustangs how many other people could you think of other than Carroll Shelby? RIP.

Profile photo of DamionShadows
    DamionShadows
    Participant

He was definitely one of the greatest American motorsport icons. Even though he was 89 years old and has had numerous heart problems over the years, I was still shocked to hear the news. As he so often said, ” Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, so live for today!”

Profile photo of S.J.M
    S.J.M
    Participant

Sad to hear when one of the greats leaves us, but he left us with a litter of classic racecars/cars and his legacy will live on. Strange, I was only thinking about him the other day when I was reading about the GT40 development, and now this.

RIP Carroll Shelby

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

RIP. Absolute legend involved in some of the greatest sports/racing cars, and a driver for Aston’s only Le Mans win in a gorgeous car.

Profile photo of Funkyf1
    Funkyf1
    Participant

Yep R.I.P another legend has passed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.