Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 3 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Casey Stoner cornering at 1000fps

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Ned Flanders Ned Flanders 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    beneboy
    Participant

Quite a cool little video from Red Bull

High speed MotoGP cornering at 1000fps – Casey Stoner – Red Bull Moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4snkUUolJ0

electrolite
    Participant

That is mental. At some points it’s as if he’s not even on the bike!

beneboy
    Participant

It’s crazy how far these guys hang off the bike and this super slow-mo shot lets you see it in so much detail; I’d love to see a race highlights compilation at this speed but ten minutes of highlights would take a few hours to watch at 1000 fps :-)

electrolite
    Participant

I actually sat and watched a MotoGP race earlier on today, for the first time in years. It was actually really good. Great track too! I was imagining an F1 race there…that would be awesome.

matt88

Sachsenring? Actually riders every year complain it’s a kart track, i don’t think it fits F1 at all.

SouthAussie94
    Participant

I think its actually a pretty decent circuit. The slow infield section is rather tedious but the rest of the track is great. If you could bypass that section, going straight from Turn 1 to Turn 7, I think it would be great for F1, although at 3km, probably too short.

http://www.rideontwo.com/gallery/d/76870-1/800px-Sachsenring_svg.png

Ned Flanders
    Participant

That’s pretty cool. It’s incredible how far they can lean, he’s practically horizontal at the apex! The riders must have to put so much faith in their tyres, that they’ll keep gripping the surface.

In fact, now that I think of it, a slo-mo of a fall would also be very interesting, just to see the moment that the tyres lose grip and the bike slides off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.