Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 weeks, 5 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Dakar Rally

This topic contains 61 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of andae23 andae23 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of john
    john

Anyone out there watch the Dakar?

Now that its moved to south america do you think a name change is needed, to open up to more countries to go to.

Profile photo of JPedroCQF1
    JPedroCQF1
    Participant

I’ll be paying close attention to the Dakar, as I always do. Helder Rodrigues has a chance of winning on the moto category but Cyril Despr├ęs and Marc Coma are always the favourites. On the Autos, St├ęphane Peterhansel will almost surely win, but you never know on Dakar.

Basically, I follow Dakar to keep track of the portuguese adventurers.

Profile photo of john
    john

@joao-pedro-cq

Im suporting Geniel de Villiers this year, hope he does well. I have`nt decided on the bikes yet.
    De Rooi for the trucks.

Profile photo of Zadak
    Zadak

A name change is definately in order for this race.

They should call it the Inca rally or something like that instead.

Profile photo of wasiF1
    wasiF1
    Participant

Every year since 2002 I do but as here they only show a 30 minutes highlights,wished they could have shown it somewhere Live!

Profile photo of john
    john

@wasif1 I only get 30 minutes aswell it would be great to watch live.

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

I guess the name now reflects on the kind of race rather than where it finishes or where it takes place. Other than that, I don’t think there’s a particular good reason to keep it… but I guess it’s “tradition”. It’s not a big deal anyway…

I don’t follow it even though it takes place in my country… It’s a bit boring IMO.

@thezadak: “Inca Rally” would be apropiate only if they end up in Peru… but they are thinking about streaching the journey all the way to Brazil

Profile photo of wasiF1
    wasiF1
    Participant

@john which feed do you get, if not the whole race but just 3-4 hours of the race live would have been nice.

Profile photo of john
    john

@wasif1 I watch on satalite tv the only website I go to is http://www.dakar.com
    Sorry I cant help more than that.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wow, I’m seeing some really terrible news from the Dakar Rally, although nothing in English yet:

http://www.telam.com.ar/nota/11766/

Profile photo of john
    john

@aka_robyn Thats bad news, I cant read it but it looks like somethings happened to a bike. Alfie Cox and his navigator made it out of their car after it caught fire, hope they arent burnt.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@johnf1fanatic An Argentinian rider was killed; here’s a very short article in English that has appeared now:

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/88744/dakar-rally-argentine-jorge-mart%C3%ADnez-boero-dies-in-accident-

Profile photo of john
    john

@aka_robyn Sorry to hear that news, thanks for letting me know.

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

Sad news. He was the son of a Turismo Carretera champion, a well known family in our country’s motorsport.

RIP Boero…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.