Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 weeks, 4 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Daytona 500

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ajokay Anonymous 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mack41
    Mack41

Yee-haw!!!! Les go racin boys! Alright, so whose going to watch the Daytona 5 today, who you rootin for, predictions, etc, etc, etc. I’m rootin for Kevin Harvick who will be driving the BudweiserChevroletNumberTwentyNine. I’m pickin him to win it. I’m hopin we don’t end up with two cars teamin up the whole time and makin it borin. so giddyap and watch some racin!

(Imagine the above post with a hefty Southern accent)

Profile photo of Macca
    Macca
    Participant

It’s “boogity, boogity, boogity, let’s go racing boys” not “yee-haw, let’s go racing boys”

And I will be rooting for Marcos Ambrose inthe number 9 Stnley Ford. Welcome back to the Ford family Marcos, let’s get back to those winning ways.

Profile photo of TommyB
    TommyB
    Participant

Will watch the last few laps probably. Of course I’ll be cheering on Montoya (If he’s racing, I wouldn’t even know)

Profile photo of S.J.M
    S.J.M
    Participant

What times it on (GMT if poss), i recorded it last year but the damn track broke apart and so the entire race wasnt recorded and i got about 50% of it. Im not massive into NASCAR (or even INDY) but i try to watch the big races, as well as things like Le Man

Profile photo of Mack41
    Mack41

Starts in 1 hour. 1pm local time and 6pm GMT

Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

I’ll record it and the fast forward and watch all the crashes. I’m hoping it’ll be like the NCWTS race, with two big ones and plenty of smaller ones. This tracks fast, like 200+ mph fast. I’m hoping for blow overs, roll overs, and of course the big one.

In case you haven’t noticed, I only watch NASCAR for the crashes xD

I always watch the Daytona 500, and this year is no exception.

Having to wake up at 3:30am after an 8 hour drive and 3 1/2 hours sleep is a bit of a pain, though!

Profile photo of Slr
    Slr
    Participant

Who covering this race here in England, is it Sky Sports?

Profile photo of BenH
    BenH
    Participant

A rookie 20 year old winning one of the biggest NASCAR races of the season driving for a part time team. Impressive! And donuts on the grass too! We need them in F1 without the driver getting fined (on the track only though Lewis :P)

Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

Woah, never thought he could win it, but I think everyone could see he had something in him during that race. Super impressive! I think I may have a reason to watch this dreadful sport. On second thought…. Nah.

Profile photo of S.J.M
    S.J.M
    Participant

I dont like all the Stop/Starts (that generally comes with most US sports) and the constant commercial breaks. But the Daytona 500 is worth a watch, mainly as its the first sign that F1 is about to begin and gets that thirst for racing into me. But at what, 4-5hrs long? cant do that every week, not even Korea was that long!!

Well done to the winner.

Profile photo of Stephen Jones
    Stephen Jones
    Participant

was sitting in english with the laptop on the live lap-by-lap updates!

good on bayne! what a way to begin in the sprint cup

Profile photo of MastaKink
    MastaKink
    Participant

yeah it was a good race. too many cautions though, it gets boring sitting in the stands waiting for the restart. last year with the pothole was horrible.

Profile photo of sbl on tour
    sbl on tour
    Participant

check out clever trevor, by ian dury on u tube

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.