• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 3 hours, 54 minutes ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Favourite Singer/Group and Song

Tagged: 

This topic contains 42 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of sbl on tour sbl on tour 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m the most eclectic person I know. I don’t really have a favourite artist or song; it tends to come and go in phases. Right now, I’m having a big Radiohead moment. I’ve especially been listening to 01 and 10 – take the OK Computer and In Rainbows albums and alternate the tracks so that Airbag leads into 15 Step, Paranoid Android leads into Bodysnatchers and so on (but make sure Karma Police and Fitter Happier are tracks 11 and 12) for both albums. Then put a ten second crossfade on and the next ninety minutes will blow your mind. The songs feed into one another in a really eerie way, and ideas that are explored in one song come up in the next. It goes from two albums to become this giant, amorphous song. What makes it so impressive is that OK Computer and In Rainbows were written ten years apart.

But looking at my iTunes playlist, I’d have to say that my number one song at the moment is HWY 1 by Them Crooked Vultures. I saw them in Sydney about this time last year, and HWY 1 is one of their live-only songs. The entire set blew me away, but seeing and hearing John Paul Jones on the electric mandolin was epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZbTrje0Olg

ajokay
    Participant

Incubus – Pardon Me

Third Eye Blind – Bonfire

They’re my two fave bands and their best songs (IMO)

There’s plenty of other stuff I like though.

skodarap

At the moment probably “Spirit of Keith Moon” by Peter and the Test Tube Babies.

Anonymous

Great idea for a post. Music is my favourite thing after F1.

My most favourite song ever is Battery from the album Master Of Puppets by Metallica.

The gallop riff in the verse is one of the best ever written.

Anyway enough of my waffle, I have a fairly eclectic taste in music.

To take a pick from my iTunes collection, here is a random ten songs:

Stockholm Syndrome – Muse

Inside What’s Within Behind – Meshuggah

Down – Blink 182

Takin’ Off – Glyder

Technical Difficulties – Racer X

Last Ride In – Greenday

Like Callisto To A Star In Heaven – Trivium

Wheels – AC/DC

Running Wild – Airbourne

Don’t Believe A Word – Thin Lizzy

Without getting too Dr. Phil-ish, music has changed my life, quite literally.

The best thing I’ve ever done was pick up a guitar.

Anyway, great idea for a post Fixy! :D

sbl on tour
    Participant

oh, forgot “national express” by the divine comedy

JT19

Number 1 LIMP BIZKIT fan here!! No wait, i am the ONLY fan of Limp Bizkit!!

My favourite band atm is Arcade Fire and their song “Intervention”, is absolutely AMAZING!!

Pendulum, Kasabian, The Killers, Muse, Linkin Park, Coldplay, QOTSA, all great bands!! i also have a soft spot for Rammstein as well lol.

smifaye
    Participant

Woohoo, Arcade Fire!

JT19

yes smifaye!! such class!! every album they made are quality!!

Funkyf1
    Participant

Ned I was fortunate to see Fat Freddys live just over a month ago, best gig I’ve ever been to, I have them on vinyl, cd, DVD and of course Mp3 high rotation. Have you heard any Black Grass? They’re great to

wasiF1
    Participant

Band- Linkin Park ( up to the first 2 albums)

Song- Love the way you lie by Eminem featuring Rihanna.

rabbit
    Participant

Take the time by Dream Theater

Icthyes
    Participant

I’ve always liked music that has a slight alternative twist to an existing genre, so bands like Muse, The White Stripes, Nine Inch Nails, I have to say I LOVE Queen, always liked The Who, thought Zeppelin were over-rated though. I don’t really like a lot of modern stuff like The Killers , Arcade Fire, etc. even though they have some good songs because I go more by albums which I feel have generally declined in quality in this age of digital pick-and-choose music.

Slr
    Participant

I mainly like Rock music, my favourite band is Linkin Park. Other artists I like include Nickelback, Pendulum, Bon Jovi, 30 Seconds to Mars etc.

US_Peter
    Participant

@PM, I’ll have to try your In Rainbows OK Computer mashup. Sounds interesting. I love In Rainbows hunt down the disc 2 tracks if you don’t have them already. Other bands I love are Boris, SunnO))), Sigur Rós, Efterklang, Wildbirds & Peacedrums, The Melvins, Big Business, Sufjan Stevens, and a myriad of other disparate stuff…

Ned Flanders
    Participant

FunkyF1- Lucky you! I like quite a lot of music from New Zealand/ Oz, and the problem is they never seem nearly as popular in Europe and they mainly do local tours, so if I want to see them looks like I’d better book a light down under! And no, I haven’t heard Black Grass, but I’ll give them a try.

And taking of ‘Funky’, how about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_iC0MyIykM

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.