• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 21 hours, 56 minutes ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Favourite Singer/Group and Song

Tagged: 

This topic contains 42 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of sbl on tour sbl on tour 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    US_Peter
    Participant

You can never go wrong with Cissy Strut. Nicely done.

PaxJes
    Participant

Difficult to say. Here’s my top 20 most played artists since 2004 from my lastfm account ( http://www.last.fm/user/humanure ). There’s a little of everything.

Nick Drake

Katatonia

Death

Anathema

Carcass

Hypocrisy

Cynic

Jason Hayes (World of Warcraft Soundtrack)

Nevermore

Russell Brower, Derek Duke, Glenn Stafford (World of Warcraft Soundtrack)

Ennio Morricone

Paradise Lost

Ozzy Osbourne

Pantera

Black Sabbath

Empyrium

Howard Shore

Megadeth

Héroes del Silencio

The Beatles

Anonymous

@PaxJes

Thats quite an eclectic mix you have there.

Carcass and The Beatles in the same playlist.

I’ve just borrowed a Carcass cd from a friend of mine, (Heartwork) and it is

fan-diddly-tastic.

That and a load of Testament cd’s. It’s all good stuff. Fantastic riffage!

sbl on tour
    Participant

@ paxjes, crikey almighty, never heard of half of that lot!

check out “sweet, sweet kisses” by duke special

PaxJes
    Participant

yeah, i can’t really listen to the same type of music all the time. I try to keep it balanced so that i don’t get bored.

And you cant go wrong with carcass. I’m a huge fan. My favourite album from them is Necroticism which is a bit more raw and technical than Heartwork. But all albuns are classic (all different from each other).

Anonymous

@sbl on tour:

Duke special are ok. They were completely played to death on the radio at first. Every day it would be on about 4 or 5 times. That used to drive me nuts.

I have now resorted to bringing the iPod to work every day because of the rubbish thats on the radio.

I haven’t been told off for it yet.

@PaxJes:

I’ll be off to amazon to get a few more of their albums now. I know what you mean, I would listen to loud shouty stuff but Newton Faulkner, The Eagles, all that sort of stuff is all on there too. It’s all good stuff. Better than the usual stuff thats on the radio today.

GeeMac
    Participant

Well seeing as I’m having a quiet morning at work, I may as well.

I pretty much listen to 60′s Rock ‘n Roll, so lots of The Beatles, the Stones, Jimi Hendrix, but I’m also a big Oasis fan, and quite like Blur, Travis, Coldplay, Radiohead, Nirvana, the Pixes, Dire Straits and a wee bit of Metallica. Throw in the Foo Fighters, U2, David Bowie, and when the need arises some old school Soul, thats about all I lsiten to.

Guilherme

@ rabbit:

Prog ‘n Rock! That song is simply amazing!

@PaxJes:

Good taste man! Never thought I’d find someone else who likes Cynic on F1F! Glad to see that Death is the top 3 band in your list – my old username used to be “The Philosopher”… I guess you’ll recognize it :)

Anyway, I don’t have “favourite” bands or songs, it’s just that sometimes I’m listening more to a band than another. So I’ll just plop the bands on my Winamp playlist :P

Arch Enemy

Astral Doors

Behemoth

Carl Orff

Control Denied

Cynic

Dark Tranquillity

Death

Dream Theater

Hideaki Kobayashi (Phantasy Star Online soundtrack)

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Megadeth

Nevermore

Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy series soundtrack)

Opeth

Pestilence

Quo Vadis (one of their songs, “On The Shores of Ithaka”, is the most perfect song I’ve ever heard)

Testament

Theatre of Tragedy

Therion

Right now I’m more into Dream Theater (favourite songs being “A Change of Seasons”, “Metropolis pt.I – The Miracle and the Sleeper”, “The Ytse Jam”, “The Glass Prison”, “Scene Seven: I. The Dance of Eternity”, among others) and Opeth (favourite songs being “Ghost of Perdition”, “Windowpane”, “Blackwater Park”, “Bleak”, “Forest of October”, “The Apostle in Triumph”, and others). Also Megadeth is one of the most special bands for me, specialy after I’ve seen them live last year :P

Anyway, great idea for a post! Life without music is just pointless.

PaxJes
    Participant

@Spud

If you’re getting carcass i must warn you that their first 2 albums “reek of putrefaction” and “symphonies of sickness” have very bad sound quality and are very aggressive. Download the albums first and if you like, then buy them. So if you’re hopping to get something more like heartwork i’d say get “swansong” or “necroticism”

@Guilherme Teixeira

Ainda bem que ha pessoas que falam portugues aqui hehe.

Cynic and Death are two of my favourite bands ever. Can’t wait for the new one from cynic.

Mack41

I listen to the same artists all the time. My personal favorites are U2, Dave Matthews Band, Bruce Springsteen, The Clash, AC/DC, and a new favorite The Wrens. For the most part I go through periods where I listen to one band heavily then rotate to another.

Mike
    Participant

Definitely the Hold Steady. If you haven’t heard the weekenders you definitely should make a point of it! :D

Apart from them, I’m having a Arctic monkeys thing at the moment.

sbl on tour
    Participant

just watching reggae on the beeb,

some great oldies

the special aka – gangsters

madness – prince buster

junior murvin – police and thieves

magic or what

what have we got now, cowell and louis wash for dangs sake

sbl on tour
    Participant

cripes, ub 40 – food for thought, has just come on, what next!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.