• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week, 1 day ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Ferrari reveal their new supercar (and McLaren P1 rival): the LaFerrari

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 44 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nomore
    Nomore
    Participant

There are only 499 models available…and i’m the 500 in the list…hope that someone cancels..:)

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@nomore Oh you can have mine, I’m getting a P1 anyway 8-p

Profile photo of Nomore
    Nomore
    Participant

@keithcollantine thx mate…i give you a ride one day :D

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

Wow that is a good looking car but the name, oh dear!

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

“Am I the only one thinking they kept this kind of quiet?”

It definitely wasn’t a secret that it would be unveiled at Geneva, plus teaser photos have been circulating for a while, and expected specs even longer.

Profile photo of Steve Antrobus
    Steve Antrobus
    Participant

Car looks good for sure, and I’m not even that big of a ferrari fan. Still prefer the P1 though. One things for sure, if Top Gear happen to cover this car at any point, you can be sure they will take La piss out of the name of the thing…

Profile photo of Carlitox
    Carlitox
    Participant

That thing has more wings that a bunch of DTM cars hehehe ;-) It does look brutal, the Ferrari we’ve been expecting for a long time. But Luca, why on earth would you give it such a lame name??

Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

I don’t think this thing is called the Ferrari LaFerrari. I think its just called LaFerrari, like the Enzo’s official name was Enzo Ferrari, and not Ferrari Enzo. That being said, LaFerrari means “The Ferrari”, which would make a lot of sense if there was it were to be just LaFerrari.

Still, not nearly as cool a name as P1.

Profile photo of Kingshark
    Kingshark
    Participant

I think I’m in love all over again! I <3 the new LaFerrari. :p

Profile photo of Hairs
    Hairs
    Participant

@matt90 no doubt that’s the case. I just haven’t come across any of it in my online travels recently, whereas the p1 has been all over Twitter and websites fairly prominently. Maybe it’s the mix of sites/people I’m following, but it seems that McLaren did more promo work on this one. Hasn’t stopped the crowds at the stand, clearly.

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

@hairs I think that might just have more to do with McLaren having released official pictures of the identical concept ages ago, and those are better for an article than various renderings.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

This reminds of a movie called Mickey Blue Eyes with Hugh Grant. Early in the movie, his fiancee takes him to a restaurant called “The La Tratoria” – I just can’t help but be reminded of that.

Off topic – the movie is a great comedy especially the fortune cookie scene in the Chinese restaurant.

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

I have to say – although being Italian I risk being thought of as heretical – I don’t like the latest Ferraris that much and actually I prefer the McLarens, both the MP4-12C and the P1. Sure, if I wanted a car to show off I’d pick the LaFerrari over the MP4-12C because the latter looks too simple. However, it reminds me a lot of the F1, which was very simple but astonishing; the Ferrari F40 was also simple, and that’s why I like it more than its current heir.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

It’s stunning.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.