• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 days, 19 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Formula Ford joins BTCC support package

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Great to see Formula Ford joining TOCA’s BTCC support package, where it will feature in ITV’s live race weekend coverage.

This is exactly the sort of championship the series needed after the unfortunate demise of British Formula Renault 2.0:

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3211&month=0&year=2012&form=&searchterm=

robk23
    Participant

Fantastic news! I’ve really missed the Formula Renaults this year (it was nice to see the BARC championship conclude at the Silverstone meeting) and the addition of Formula Ford to the schedule will fill a gap in the BTCC schedules, the crowds will get a bit more value for money and Formula Ford will get great coverage courtesy of ITV4.

S.J.M
    Participant

Great news. I always like watching the lower formula races, and Formula Ford always reminds me of Go-Karts on steroids. Always a blast to watch.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

I can’t wait to see them again, now to swap the Boresches for something better!

robk23
    Participant

@ratboy You can’t get rid of them, when will I get my lunch otherwise?

Ratboy
    Keymaster

@robk23 lol that is their only use, to eat or take the advantage to move forward or to a new spot to view from.

Must be said I wasn’t sad they cancelled the send GT3 race on sunday due to the fog.

I like the SEAT cup and Fiestas of years gone by, and I don’t really know what to replace the Poreches with if it ever happened

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@Ratboy I’d create a rotating slot where a different national series can appear and get some TV exposure, such as the new Formula Four, maybe some Formula Renault BARC, that sort of thing.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

that could work but it could also suffer in the way that some people won’t give it their full attention if the rounds appeared once or twice in the calender,

Formula Vee might be worth a try too.
    I’d replace the Poresches with the Mini cooper challenge or Production tourers

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

And here’s what the car’s going to look like:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.