Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week, 3 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2011

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Thorn Dan Thorn 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robbiepblake
    robbiepblake
    Participant

Is anyone going this year? I’ve got myself a pair of weekend tickets (with grandstand entry) so I’ll be going with a friend. I can’t wait!

Profile photo of sbl on tour
    sbl on tour
    Participant

driftin, youre one lucky sod, you know what, goodwood would be preferably to a gp!

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

Yup, heading down with my brother and some friends on the Friday (weekend tickets are expensive!)

Profile photo of Michaeljs317
    Michaeljs317

Yup, I’m going too, I think it’ll be my fourth time. I’m only going for Sunday but travel isn’t really a problem because I live close to Goodwood.

Profile photo of Dan Thorn
    Dan Thorn
    Participant

Of course – I’m camping out and attending all four days with a couple of mates. Best motorsport weekend of the year, bar none – will take a lot to top last year though!

robbiepblake
    Participant

It’s just two weeks away and me and my friend still have no accomadation! Help!

Can anyone recommend a place to stay just for one night? It can be a B&B, hotel, campsite – whatever.

Profile photo of Macca
    Macca
    Participant

What weekend is it on?

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Driftin – there’s a Haven caravan site near Bognor Regis where we stayed last year. Think it was called church farm or something – It’s about 20 mins from Goodwood and probably the most reasonably priced place, as I think all the Goodwood campsites are now sold out.

It’s on the first July weekend – runs from the 30th June to the 3rd July. Only 2 weeks to…getting properly excited now!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I hope you have an absolute blast :) Any chance of you getting a few photos of the cars and sticking them on here pretty please? :P

I really considered it this year but there’s one thing that always stops me – camping. The idea of camping is just torture to me. I won’t be going this year but one day I will pluck up the courage to go and probably wonder why I got myself so worked up.

Profile photo of TrueF1Grit
    TrueF1Grit

Just heard Ken Block is bringing his Gymkhana car down. Can’t believe I’m away that weekend! I’d give anything to see that, your going to have a blast! I went in 2008 and it was truly amazing.

Steph camping is great! We always camp at F1 events and there’s always loads of other fans, great atmosphere. Although for Goodwood my whole family went, so we stayed in a nearby caravan site, thats always an option?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Isn’t there just a Travel Lodge nearby? :P Only kidding. The idea of my family or my friends transporting a caravan and staying in one spells a disaster worse than the scripted Top Gear mess. I will bite the bullet and try camping probably next year then but thanks for the tip TrueF1Grit! :)

Profile photo of Master firelee
    Master firelee
    Participant

im goin on the saturday cant wait :)

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Camping may well be the best bit! Sitting around a BBQ in the setting sun with a guitar and a cider…I can’t wait! There’s still a space in our tent if you can get tickets Steph, haha :P

robbiepblake
    Participant

Thanks for the help guys. Just about everything was booked up fully for the weekend, but we managed to find a place in Bognor Regis to stay. We’ll be going down on Friday, so I can’t wait now. It’s my first FOS. Any recommendations about what to do during the festival?

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Everything. Do you have grandstand seats? If not I recommend getting there at the crack of Dawn and finding a good spot on some of the small platforms dotted around the hill, otherwise it’s tricky to see anything. Also take the time to walk up and see the rally stage (especially if it’s hot, the trees proved welcome shade!)

I’m heading off to the campsite this afternoon. So excited – can’t wait!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.