Great Driving Songs

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 30 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sbl on tour sbl on tour 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JustAnF1Fanatic

Fellow Fanatics,

I’m soon going to be doing a long drive, around 12 hours!!!! I will need something to do in that time. I started to make a few CD’s and found only around 10 really good driving songs in my collection. So any suggestions, basically whats your favourite driving songs and why???

I dont mind what genre, either Rock, Dance, Old School……. anything

Ill get the wheel rolling…(I’m clearly rock biased haha)

Steppenwolf – Born to be Wild (classic)

Metallica – Fuel

ACDC – Highway to Hell

Profile photo of Slr

For me, the best song I’ve heard whilst on the road is Bon Jovi’s Have a Nice Day.

I like it, slow, catchy, classic, sounds like it would be the background music in a movie during a meaningful car scene haha thanks

Profile photo of Red Andy
    Red Andy

Tom Petty’s 2006 album “Highway Companion” is, appropriately, a great listen when you’re on the road, I reckon.

Profile photo of

One of the very worst which was always on the car when I was a kid was the one that goea “wherever you go always take the weather with you” I hated it especially as in the North East it’s always chucking it down!

I haven’t driven in a while but mostly I used to love to listen to the sound of the engine. I’m not a big fan of Snow Patrol or Coldplay but I’ve always found their songs quite mellow and relaxing to drive to. I don’t like to have mad songs I’ll sing along to because then I’ll get carried away and crash :P

Profile photo of Double Apex
    Double Apex

The Cardigans – My Favourite Game. Excellent driving song and it reminds me of Gran Turismo 2 – which is a good thing! :)

Profile photo of matt88

AC/DC – It’s a long way to the top

Motley Crue – Kickstart My Heart

Van Halen – Panama (in the middle of the song you can hear the sound of Eddie’s Lambo)

Profile photo of glue

Fear Factory – Human Shields

Metallica – the whole …And Justice for All album, Wherever I May Roam, My Friend of Misery, Orion

Dream Theater – This Dying Soul, the whole Octavarium album

Black Label Society – Lost Heaven, Too Tough to Die, Sick of it All, Overlord

Slayer – Playing with Dolls, Gemini

Slipknot – Wherein Lies Continue

Soulfly – Soulfly III, IV, V, VI

Rob Zombie – Demon Speeding, Feel So Numb

Rammstein – Benzin, Moskau

Pantera – 10s, 25 Years, Revolution Is My Name, Cemetery Gates

Ozzy Osbourne – The Almighty Dollar, My Jekyll Doesn’t Hide, Crazy Train

Down – New Orleans is a Dying Whore, Ghosts Along the Mississippi, In the Thrall of it All

Crowbar – Coming Down

Chimaira – Disappearing Sun, Six

AC/DC – Moneytalks, Mistress for Christmas

Glue you have pretty good taste in music!! Thanks guys, collections getting bigger haha

Profile photo of Todfod

@talladega knight. That song is a great song to drive to.. always had on my iPod, and as a back up on cd as well

Profile photo of Todfod

The Killers makes great driving music as well.

Profile photo of Chick0

Pink Floyd – The Wall Live

Pendulum – In Silico

Joe Satriani – The Extremist

Sasha – Invol2ver

Sigur Ros – Agaetis Byrjun

Leftfield – Leftism

Dr Dre – 2001

Evil Nine – You Can Be Special Too

Pantera – Vulgar Display Of Power

Profile photo of Stephen Jones
    Stephen Jones

chuck on some Feeder.. you should be right

Profile photo of SoerenKaae

The best has to be from Cars. Rascall Flats – Life is a highway, and also the theme song, cant remember its name.

Profile photo of Dan Thorn
    Dan Thorn

Once when driving through a glorious snow blanketed Cornish valley, the sun was setting and Pink Floyd’s ‘Wish You Were Here’ came on my iPod. I cranked up the volume and it was honestly one of the most epic things ever.

If you’re on B-Roads then some classical music can work a treat. Verdi’s ‘Anvil Chorus’, Bizet’s ‘Au Fond du Temple Saint’ and Elgar’s ‘Nimrod’ are regular driving music for me.

Other great driving songs I love:

Matt Monro – On Days Like These (watch out for the tunnels with this one though :P)

Led Zeppelin – Communication Breakdown

The Who – Won’t Get Fooled Again

Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mich and Tich – Hold Tight!

Muse – Hysteria

T-Rex – 20th Century Boy

Molly Hatchet – Flirtin’ With Disaster

The Skids – Into the Valley

Tom Robinson Band – 2-4-6-8 Motorway (Bit of cheese there)

David Bowie – Suffragette City

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.