Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Journalist dealing with road-testing Ferrari's

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ned Flanders Ned Flanders 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nik
    nik

Interesting read:

http://jalopnik.com/5760248

Profile photo of dpod
    dpod
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the article, very interesting and fun to read.

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

Nice article (and good to see you back on here Nik, haven’t noticed you on in a while), a bit depressing though to think they really do these things.

Profile photo of Hare
    Hare
    Participant

You know what makes me really sad about reading that article? Makes my eyes water with sadness?

It sounds just like my impression of Ferrari F1.

I could rant about it but I promised I wouldn’t do that again this week.

What is it about Ferrari these days? Has Berlesconi invaded the minds and the charator of LDM and co? Im at a loss. They feel like they are trying to save their own legend. They feel like they are losing their crown of invincibility, and they find that impossible to accept so come up with all this nonsense, like and ageing rock star loosing the plot due to the fame and the myths of himself that he now worships.

It’s uncomfortable to witness. Dunno if anyone gets what I mean? Maybe it’s just me..

Thing is, it’s evidently undeserved? It’s like the Madness of King Luca.

Profile photo of Dan Thorn
    Dan Thorn
    Participant

I get what you mean and it is a shame. I want to understand and appreciate the need and want to be the best but when they’re almost certainly going to get found out, whats the point?

None of this would stop me from buying a Ferrari, but that’s mainly because I’d rather have a 308 or 512 than a 599 or a 458.

Profile photo of GeeMac
    GeeMac
    Participant

Very interesting. To be fair you have to take everything that every motor manufacturer (from 0-100 times to fuel consumption) says about their cars with a pinch of salt. We never get told that the manufacturers indicated 0-100 time was set ater 50 attempts with an unlimited number of clutches on a slight downhill with a tailwind, we just get told “Car X is faster to 100 than car Y” or “Car X averages X litres per 100kms”.

That sais the author does have a point, Ferrari road cars are awesome anyway, and don’t need the extra tuning just to grab magazine headlines.

Profile photo of Ned Flanders
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

Just read this now. I never realised that the Ferrari the road car company and Scuderia Ferrari were suffering from the same disease. The sooner Luca di Montezemelo buggers off, the better…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.