Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week ago

The place for off-topic discussion

KONY 2012

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of James_mc James_mc 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ShaneB457
    ShaneB457
    Participant

Wow top page of comments in youtube is covered in like 9 seconds..amazing =]

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’d be careful with that argument since it can be turned around easily. Ahem…

Deliberately rewriting my comments to prove it can be done only demonstrates just how specious the cynicism directed towards the film really is.

Profile photo of James_mc
    James_mc
    Participant

Now I may have a completely skewed understanding of the word “cynicism”, however I always considered PM to be one of the most cynical posters on the site….

;-)

Profile photo of James_mc
    James_mc
    Participant

At the end of the day, I think that what this really boils down to is how people feel about Invisible Children trying to use social media to promote a cause. And I think some people respond to it so poorly because they just don’t want to see it plastered all over Facebook and Twitter every time they log on.

Dead on there. I do agree with the idea of making it a national (American that is) concern, and thereby getting “justice” served out.

However, the video really didn’t sit well with me. I felt the maker/presenter was incredibly self-obsessed and in some ways was using the campaign to make himself famous/important.
    “Look at me, I’m so good to everyone, I’ve got such an adorable little son”, it was all very PR and trying too hard.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.