• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 day, 4 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Le Mans 24 hrs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of wasiF1 wasiF1 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Ads21
    Participant

Anyone else following Le Mans tonight? I thought since its one of the great events in motorsport its was worthy of a forum thread of its own as I’m sure there are some F1 fanatics following it as well.

I’m quite enjoying having the Speed TV coverage online with live timing from the Le Mans website. Shame Davison’s Peugeot’s just had a problem but there’s plenty of time left yet.

irishlad
    Participant

watched it for a few hours today , and might look for a few hours tonigt. Probaly a peugeot win sadly :(.

hitchcockm00
    Participant

I’m half-watching it. Shame about Davidson, he was running in 1st for a while wasn’t he?

Anyone know what happened to the cameraman who got hit earlier?

Mark Hitchcock
    Participant

^That was me by the way, logged into my old account my accident.

Ads21
    Participant

Yer the #1 Peugeot of Davidson was leading by a lap but was in the garage for ages. Gene is driving for the #1 team atm and on a bit of a charge trying to make up for lost time, but still + 3 laps behind the #2 Peugeot thats now in the lead.

US_Peter
    Participant

I have to say I’m an Audi fan and not a Peugeot fan, but I felt absolutely awful for Sebastien Bourdais. He looked gutted when his car retired before he even got a chance to drive one stint. Peugeot has been reminding me of Red Bull in the early season, super dominant in pace and short on reliability.

US_Peter
    Participant

The last remaining Factory Peugeot really has the hammer down right now trying to catch the Audis running 1 and 2 right now. The leading GT2 Corvette just had a massive shunt and are working to fix the rear end right now. Looks like Porsche might win the GT2 class, as I don’t think there’s any way Corvette are gonna get it fixed in time to stay in front. It’s fun to see how fast they work under these conditions to make major repairs to the car. Nothing like F1.

US_Peter
    Participant

Now the Porsche and the Ferrari with Alesi and Fisichella have both passed the Corvette. There really are tons of F1 related people if you include both former F1 drivers, and children of former F1 drivers.

irishlad
    Participant

Audi 1-2-4 , What a difference a night makes.

TommyB
    Participant

All factory Pugs out now :O

Steph90

I’ve been watching. I’ve been backing Ferrari and #1 mainly because of Davidson but their fighting spirit also.

I’ve really enjoyed it this weekend. I think it’s been the best in a long while although Le Mans is never dull

sw6569
    Participant

Definitely the best le mans i’ve seen. Shame about the number 1 peugeot but seriously, this race has tortoise and hare written all over it! Imagine putting a bet yesterday on the audi’s 1 2 and 3! incredible

Ads21
    Participant

Gutted for the #1 car though they’d put on such a great drive to comeback from where they were.

First time I’ve followed Le Mans and I think its been great. Senior TT, Canadian GP, Le Mans 24 hrs and the World Cup’s started, what a great weekend of sport.

Steph90

It was a cruel end for the #1 car. Ruined a good little battle too and I know they’ll all be gutted but what a performance they put in.

Audi may not have been the must outstanding this weekend but they got the job done so well done to them although it isn’t over just yet!

Oh Jesus as I type more bad news for Peugeot. They’re breaking my heart!

TommyB
    Participant

Now the final private Pug is out too! Gutted, the team are in tears :( All 4 out. Aston in P4 though, come on Audi, 1 of them retire :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.