Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 hour, 53 minutes ago

The place for off-topic discussion

McLaren P1 – successor to the McLaren F1 – revealed

This topic contains 48 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Atticus Atticus 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

The McLaren P1, the successor to the iconic McLaren F1, has been revealed today.

McLaren call it a “next generation ultimate supercar” and add: “The McLaren P1 has one simple goal: to be the best driver’s car in the world on road and track.”

Pictures and press release below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34829627@N03/8000111903/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34829627@N03/8000111609/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34829627@N03/8000114786/in/photostream

McLaren Automotive will use its first ever international motor show appearance to preview its next generation ultimate supercar – the McLaren P1 – which takes much of its technological and spiritual inspiration from the company’s Racing division. The McLaren P1 has one simple goal: to be the best driver’s car in the world on road and track.

At the Paris Motor Show, Mondial de l’Automobile 2012, the McLaren P1 is previewed as a design study. Next year a production version, which the company aims to put on sale within 12 months, will be revealed.

‘The McLaren P1 will be the result of 50 years of racing and road car heritage,’ says McLaren Automotive Executive Chairman Ron Dennis. ‘Twenty years ago we raised the supercar performance bar with the McLaren F1 and our goal with the McLaren P1 is to redefine it once again.’

‘Our aim is not necessarily to be the fastest in absolute top speed but to be the quickest and most rewarding series production road car on a circuit,’ says McLaren Automotive Managing Director Antony Sheriff. ‘It is the true test of a supercar’s all round ability and a much more important technical statement. Our goal is to make the McLaren P1 the most exciting, most capable, most technologically advanced and most dynamically accomplished supercar ever made.’

When the McLaren P1 goes into production later next year, it will sit above the 12C and 12C Spider, in terms of both price and performance.

More information will be released following the McLaren Automotive press conference scheduled for 17.45 CEST (16.45 BST), on Thursday 27 September 2012.

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Now that is simply stunning.

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Particularly considering how plain the MP4-12C looks.

Profile photo of moshbeard
    moshbeard

That rear end is insane. It always takes a while to get used to new car designs and right now this looks a little bit wacky for me to really love it but I think it’ll grow on me.

I really liked the look of the 12C and I think my love for that is stopping me really loving this as much.

Profile photo of Master firelee
    Master firelee
    Participant

From the back and the front it looks ugly but from the side it looks alright….

Profile photo of Carlitox
    Carlitox
    Participant

That thing has no rear wing? Insanity. Don’t make the same mistake as Koenigsegg, otherwise Top Gear will have to fix it ;)

Profile photo of Glenn
    Glenn
    Participant

Take a look at the diffusor, And what looks like Ground effects Seal of the floor, I’d venture to say this car has more downforce than most anything on the road today.

Profile photo of BasCB
    BasCB
    Participant

Crazy to think a grey-ish image guy like Ron Dennis went with this desing. I am sure the car will be the best in all measurable areas. But will it give that Wow factor that the MP4-12c is missing?

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

If anyone wants me I’ll be in the lavatory with a picture of the P1.

Profile photo of the_sigman
    the_sigman
    Participant

Oh, man that’s awesome!

Profile photo of JPedroCQF1
    JPedroCQF1
    Participant

God, that rear is awesome! The whole car is awesome!

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

Absolutely stunning !

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Does anyone know – or have McLaren said – if we’re looking at a two- or three-seater here?

Profile photo of craig-o
    craig-o
    Participant

My god that is beautiful.

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

I don’t like eccessive desgins. The rear looks too ambitious to me. The rest is beautiful, although not as much as the F1. Ferrari always take a cautious step-by-step approach with their cars, it’s nice to see something more extreme.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.