Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Circuit of Wales – new track planned in Ebbw Vale

This topic contains 33 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Magnificent Geoffrey Magnificent Geoffrey 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Silverstone will be properly miffed about this given it’s only four years since they reconfigured their circuit to make it more bike-friendly (though when they planned that they were at risk of losing the British Grand Prix to Donington Park).

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

This is starting to look very fishy

Profile photo of Iestyn Davies
    Iestyn Davies
    Participant

This reminds me of “We’re bringing the British GP to Donington from next year, and are going to totally revamp the track”, leading to “Back to Silverstone, we could only produce a video and demolish the Michelin bridge, and break up the track surface”.. I would imagine a similar outcome, possibly accompanied by “Welsh government try to chase COW people for the £25m they gave them to build the circuit”…

I like the fact that ‘British’ rounds of major international racing series are taking place in places other than just England.

Wales now has MotoGP and WRC. The Isle of Mann has the TT. Scotland has… erm… a BTCC round at Knockhill…

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.