Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 16 hours, 21 minutes ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Other Race Series

This topic contains 19 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Mikemat5150 Mikemat5150 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Faraz
    Participant

I’m interested in knowing apart from F1 what other race series do people on this site follow.

I myself watch NASCAR, MotoGP and WRC so let everyone know what you watch.

Thanks.

f1alex
    Participant

Other than F1 I watch BTCC, Motogp, Superleague formula and DTM (though it’s not as good as it used to be) although the only ones I see every race of are probably BTCC and Motogp.

narboza22
    Participant

MotoGP and the American Le Mans Series. ALMS probably has the best racing of any series in my opinion. In addition to having multiple classes on the track at the same time, the GT field is insanely competitive. This year its going to be made up of Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Ford, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, and maybe Panoz. The first four are always fighting it out for the class win, the Ford GT’s, while usually slow, look great, the Jaguar is entertaining in its own way (never making more than 2 or 3 laps), and Aston and Lamborghini are new elements this year.

SoerenKaae
    Participant

The FIA GT1 World Championship is by far the most fascinating race series I have ever watched (apart from F1, of course), the cars are so closely matched and yet they are completely different. They have driven some of the most spectacular racing that I have ever seen, on some of the nicest tracks all over the world.

I myself fell in love with the Sumo Power Nissan GT-R, and I think it is the most beautiful car in the world.

ajokay
    Participant

@SoerenKaae I agree. The Sumo Power car is beautiful. I was at the Silverstone round cheering them on!

Just had to paint the livery in Forza Motorsport 3 on the Xbox too. Shame the car is impossible to drive though.

Anonymous

GP2, Moto GP, WRC, IRC and some ALMS and GT1

Fixy
    Participant

GP2 and MotoGP at times.

Enigma
    Participant

F1, GP2, F2, WSBR, WRC, Indycar, MotoGP

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I started this thread a little while ago http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/forum/topic.php?id=1036 and now i’ll be watching at least both GP2 and WRC…both of which start this weekend!

sbl on tour
    Participant

only other races I watch are nascar, the le mans 24 and wtc if colin turkington is going to be in it!

dont really bother with the support races if i,m at a gp, normally have a little kip!

sblot

RoboCAT
    Participant

F1, Moto GP, V8 Supercars, in that order.

Oscar Becker

1. F1 2. MotoGP 3. WRC 4. GP2 5. Monster Jam 6. STCC

MattHT

GP2 and GP3 simply because they are feeder series to F1 and it’s good to keep updated! I like WRC, BTCC and the DTM series is good to watch too. By and large I’ll watch any motor racing, just can’t stand bike racing.

SoerenKaae
    Participant

@ MattHT finally someone joins me. Bike racing is pointless. An infinite amount of overtaking makes it infinitely boring to watch. Plus the bikes are so small on big tracks such as Abu Dhabi. It would only be fun if they ran on 2 meter narrow roads so the had some possibility to block each other.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Agree with the above 2 posts. I could easily stick it on in the background as something to watch but I really can’t get excited about it for the reasons stated directly above.

Matt, I thought you would have gone for a hey-day Schumacher avatar!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.