Red Bull Gives You Wings.. and a Helmet (Trolley GP 2011 crash)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hare Hare 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hare

So on the weekend I went to the Red Bull Trolley GP in Auckland with 100,000 other people. It was terrific fun, lots of atmosphere, great karts and designs and some serious speed. I had some friends entering the down hill slalom so it was pucker! :)

HOWEVER!! One event stood out.. a HUGE crash in a downhill sledge/trolley affair and I thought I had to share it with you guys..

These guys are ok.. they walked away! :) [2:17] [0:48]

Profile photo of Ned Flanders
    Ned Flanders

Wow… that looks so much fun, and so suicidal.

Profile photo of LolaF1

How tough was she!! So, how many aussies croak it every year on that course then?

Profile photo of Hare

@LolaF1 I dunno.. we’re in NZ :D

Profile photo of RIISE

Even if she was hurt that was still funny. I’m a firm believer if you do anything that stupid and get hurt people reserve the right to laugh.

Makes me want a go though. I’m of to modify a Tesco trolley.

Profile photo of Hare

The driver got the brunt of it. She got a spectacular launch, especially on the TV footage.

The driver got a nasty gash ON the eyelid just above the eye, so I imagine his visor must have broke. He hit his head so hard on the ground, no helmet doesn’t bear thinking about.

@Riise A number of teams turned up without helmets, Red Bull gave them a freebie for safety reasons. The more I think about the above crash, they more I think they should give them full face ones.

But yeah, you enter something like that, you buy a ticket in the lottery of fate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.