Off-topic

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

As there is no MotoGP subforum, this was the only place I could think to post there.

Unfortunately, there has been another death in motorsports – MotoGP rider Marco Simoncelli has died of injuries sustained in a crash with Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi at Sepang this afternoon:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95629

When Dan Wheldon died, his accident shook me. I didn’t really understand why until now. I wasn’t a fan of Wheldon, and I won’t insult his memory by claiming that I was. But I was – and still am – a fan of Marco Simoncelli. He had a real personality about him; he was exciting and quick, and he was a breath of fresh air compared to the likes of Casey Stoner. But mostly, I liked him because of his hair. I have never seen a racing driver with half as much hair as Marco, and it always amused me a little to wonder how he managed to fit it all in his helmet. Not knowing much about MotoGP at the time, it was just that one little element about him that made me support him before anyone else. It seemed silly at the time, but now it seems strangely important.

He will be missed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.