• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 5 days, 11 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Save Mallory Park

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of S.J.M S.J.M 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Oli Peacock
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Mallory Park is under threat from a minority of local residents who have an issue with living next to race track that they chose to move next to. There is also rumor that should the circuit close it could be sold off for housing development. Mallory Park has a long history of motorsport and is one the most popular circuits among driver for racing and testing.

If you are a UK citizen and feel as strongly as I do then please consider signing the e-petition (unfortunately it’s UK citizens only)

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739

Or follow developments on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/SaveMalloryPark

Twitter

@SaveMallory #SaveMallory

Thanks and hope you can support

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

local residents who have an issue with living next to race track that they chose to move next to

This always irritates me beyond belief – who the hell moves into a new town, doesn’t bother to do even a cursory amount of research, and then complains about it when somebody who was their first interrupts Sunday lunch?

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys

Its the same at my local Kart Track, we cant start, never mind run our engines until 10am because of the noise restrictions despite it being about 1/4 mile away from the M4 motorway!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Well, that’s not entirely unreasonable. You still get to run, and you get plenty of time to use the track. It’s when people try to get the track shut down or subject to tight restrictions that it becomes a problem in my eyes.

robk23
    Participant

I live about a mile away from a very active airfield which sees large aircraft flying around at all times of the day and night, yet there are a minority of people who have moved here and complained about it despite the airfield being there since before WW2.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys Sorry forgot top mention that we must finish by 5 and squeeze in 25 races of differnt classes :P

S.J.M
    Participant

As someone who lives by a racing circuit, I can assure you that its of little bother to have it near by. Theres maybe 1 big event each month and even though the A20 is the only major road to get to the track, you can plan your day around the increase in traffic and the noise isnt really that bad. Its like people say with a railway near by, you really do “not hear it” after a while. It really grinds my gears that people choose to live there and complain. My parents knew Brands was down the road but they dont complain, neither are great racing fans but they quite enjoy telling people that Brands Hatch is next to the village.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.