Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 days, 6 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Six Nations 2013

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of matt88 matt88 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bendanarama
    Participant

Well, fellow rugby fans (If there are any of you on here) its that time of year again. Who do you want to win, and what do you think will happen in the tournament?

James_mc
    Participant

I (obviously!) want Scotland to win!

I think last year if Scotland had won the Calcutta Cup, the positions of the two teams may well have been reversed.

Personally I can’t see past France.

An aside: Italy got some good results and ran some teams very close last year, could they potentially win the tournament at some point in the next few years. Or, to use an F1 analogy, will they forever be Webber/Barrichello/Coulthard/Massa?

Calum
    Participant

Come on Scotland! Beat at least somebody and let’s not finish last! :D

Liam Stroud

EEEEEEEEEEEEEENGGGGGLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

With the amount of talent we have, we could take.. Italy. NO! France. If we find our form, I think the next WC will be ours!

But looking at the 6 Nations? Realistically I think we can aim for second. France’ll probably take the honors! I’m just interested to see how Wales play, from the results pov they had a disasterous campaign against the southern hemipsherers. So..

Let’s see!

Bendanarama
    Participant

If we can harness the tackling game we had against NZ, I can see us winning. So long as we beat Wales – I can’t face the Welsh guy at work gloating over me for another year. ^_^

Bendanarama
    Participant

Well, Ireland V Wales is a hell of a game thus far!

Anonymous

I am pleased. Ireland won. Hurrah!

Bendanarama
    Participant

Two fantastic matches thus far! Get in England!

Tony Vandervell
    Participant

Make that three fantastic matches, and I’m not saying that just because the French lost… although it doesn’t hurt.

Always felt the victor of the Ireland/England match would take the Six Nations – Welsh squad too depleted through injury to defend their title, and I reckon we’ll roll over France at Twickenham.

Bendanarama
    Participant

stunning display of rugby in the tournament thus far. I reckon we can do France, and possibly Ireland, but I’ll be shocked if we see a grand slam this year: everyone looks really competitive!

Tony Vandervell
    Participant

If we can do France and Ireland, then Grand Slam here we come! Just the small matter of facing Ireland on their home turf, what could possibly go wrong….

Predictions (guesses!) for next matches: France to beat Wales by 10+ points; us to edge Ireland; and Scotland to scrape a victory against Italy.

Great timing for the Six Nations, it leads beautifully into the F1 season.

Bendanarama
    Participant

I can see us edging Ireland, but we need to put up a very good defense to doing it. I still think Wales-France is less easy to call; the Welsh could come out fighting, especially if they play like they did in the second half against Ireland.

Tony Vandervell
    Participant

Now that was scrappy. A few less handling errors by the Irish and we could’ve easily been behind at half-time, but then in those conditions you’ll always get a stack of missed catches. I note that we kept a (relatively) tight lid on our tally of fumbles by cunningly allowing Ireland to keep the ball for extended periods.

Wasn’t expecting a Welsh victory in Paris; let’s hope the French put in a similarly flat performance at Twickers in a fortnight.

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

I’ve got tickets to the England v France game. It’s been a great tournament so far. I can’t wait. :D

Bendanarama
    Participant

I’ve decided Rugby is a stupid sport and I don’t like it any more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.