Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week, 1 day ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Suggestion

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Icthyes Icthyes 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Victor.
    Victor.
    Participant

I do not want to impinge on Keith’s territory, but it seems to be a bit pointless to have an article on both the qualifying/race review AND the grid position/race result. They are essentially cover the same issues and merging them would make it easier to follow the comments. At the moment there are two discussions about the same event, which seems a bit pointless to me.

Just my two cents.

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

Per Victor.

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

I would agree. Unless Keith has a reason, which I’m sure he does.

Profile photo of James_mc
    James_mc
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that the grid and race position articles are:

a) a concise clarification for quick checks so that you don’t have to use loads of bandwidth and time just to check results

b) are the results not the ones that have been confirmed by the FIA post-race?

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion Viktor. At the moment there are two because of the inevitable delay between posting the results and posting the report.

Profile photo of Red Andy
    Red Andy
    Participant

As a compromise it should be possible to not allow comments on the results post, keeping the discussion for when the review comes up. That would address the issue of the comments threads being split.

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

i second that… or maybe move the comments from the results posts to the review when it comes up.

So we continue discussing there…

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

Keith, maybe you could just update the results page with the analysis when it’s ready?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.