Off-topic

Supporting Bahrainis = Supporting the GP – The Latest On Bahrain

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    LAK
    Participant

Dear Fellow F1Fers,

Finally here I am writing my forum post that I’ve been wanting to for months. Instead of making it one long post that not a lot of people are encouraged to read, I thought of posting bits whenever there is significant news or any developments. This way you can all be updated with the latest from Bahrain. I put it in the ‘Not F1’ section even though it has to do a lot with the Bahrain GP in case I post political stuff that has nothing to do with F1. Lots has happened, lots has changed, and thankfully it has to the better since my first forum post on Bahrain https://www.racefans.net/forum/topic.php?id=1243. Yesterday was the first day without the State of National Security, and it passed incident free! No protests, no rallies, no death chants, nothing! I am so happy and proud that we have come a very long way, and yesterday was nothing but proof that we really have moved on. We felt we overcame this crisis, we felt our country getting safer, we felt the urge for reconciliation and unity. We knew we had it in us, but feelings were still raw and everyone was still hurt, yet still this need to never go back was strong in everyone. Doubts quickly haunted us of going back to square one as soon as the State of National Security was lifted, rumors spread that there were going to be protests all over the country. Yesterday came, and it was the day of hope, a day that proves to everyone who doubted the people of Bahrain that Bahrain is going to be just fine. A day that proves that the worse is finally over.

Yesterday His Majesty King Hamad met with the journalists, media personnel, and social media bloggers, and in that meeting he announced the magic word: dialogue! (Will try and link the video of it once I find it) In the beginning of the crisis ‘dialogue’ was the magic word that relieved us all, it was our way out of this tangled chaos. When HRH the Crown Prince said dialogue, the whole country was behind him trying to make it work only to be hindered by the opposition’s devious political sectarian agendas. Now we are back on track towards dialogue and reform as the King officially set the date of July 1st to be the first day of national dialogue. We’re all excited that we will finally move forward and start to try and resolve what has happened. Reforms will be on their way inevitably and Bahrain will go back to being more united than we ever were because this time we are willingly going to do so. Anyone that dares to stop or refuse dialogue will simply be left behind. We are tired, hurt, and too scarred to think about going back to the protests and anarchy. We have made a pledge not to forget what happened so that we will never go back to it again. These protests have repeatedly emerged in the history of Bahrain mainly in the 50’s, 90’s, and this time was the worst of them all. They creep up every now and then because we make the mistake of forgiving and forgetting, but this time around we may get ourselves to forgive eventually but we will not forget for sure. We will learn, and analyze the situation, and put strategic plans so that we or our children will ever have to face the horrors of what we went through.

Bahrainis are known for their friendliness, peacefulness, and tolerance, which makes the damage and scars of what happened much more magnified as we are not used to such chaos and turmoil. Bahrain is a country that is known for it’s unique multiculturalism and welcoming environment that makes everyone feel at home. We are so tiny, yet the people who make up the Bahrain are so diverse: Bahrainis of different sects, Bahrainis of Arabian Gulf origins, Bahrainis of Iranian origins, Bahrainis of other Arab origins, Western expatriates may of which lived for decades and call Bahrain home, Asian expatriates who work in Bahrain, Jewish Bahrainis, and Baha’i Bahrainis… We’ve got Mosques, Churches, Synagogues, etc.. It’s a very free society that respects everyone’s personal way of living. So to go from that to a country that is torn apart by sectarianism, racism, terrorism, vandalism, and violence was devastating to witness! What we went through was too traumatizing and scarring to be true. We all felt like we were stuck in this never ending nightmare that doesn’t seem to end.

Who’d ever think our peaceful little island would witness Bahrainis brutally stabbing and murdering Asian expatriates slitting a tongue of one, and stabbing a few others! Ruthlessly running over two injured policemen several times until his dead body is morphed and twisted, and then taking turns in kicking the other dead policemen after going over his body by a car! Doctors denying Bahrainis treatment because of their sect or nationality leading to several deaths and many abuse cases! Doctor misusing certain medication to fake nerve gas exposure and other fake abuses. Teachers fueling sectarianism and allowing students to participate in protests during school hours to point where children were afraid of going to school because they’d be harassed! Vandalizing the University of Bahrain and injuring tens of university students many of which have sustained serious injuries and are lucky to be alive, some disabled for life! (See article below for videos and proof)

Now to explain what exactly happened and all the truths and revealing proofs that have emerged from the investigations I will link you to this article written by a Bahraini F1 fan and is a message to the International Formula 1 community. This article beautifully illustrates exactly what happened and links it to how important the Bahrain Grand Prix is to the people of Bahrain.

It simply is a MUST READ to any F1 fan, and to all my fellow F1Fanatics who read or commented on any of Keith’s articles about the Bahraini Grand Prix. I read the comments on this particular article https://www.racefans.net/2011/05/13/ecclestone-todt-support-bahrain/ and felt very sad and hopeless as I know my country is wrongfully blamed and framed to look like a dictatorship. Which I know for a fact is not true! Bahrain does not deserve this at all, it has given us so much, and the least we can do to give back is it defend our country. No I’m not blinded by the fact that I am a Bahraini, but why would I defend a government that attacks it’s own people? I may be slightly biased because everyone loves their country and wants to see it progress, but I’m not that blinded to defend a “dictator” or a “tyrant”. I know the truth will prevail, and it already is starting to prevail. By the time the Grand Prix comes around whenever that is, in 2011 or 2012, you will all be happy to have it back n Bahrain because you would have known that what you heard, read, and saw in the media were biased and exaggerated reports of the truth because they were mainly submitted by opposition supporters who were aiming and some still are aiming to ruin Bahrain’s reputation! I’m not sure whether ‘opposition’ is the correct term anymore because they have been acting like terrorists or enemies more than simply opposition. More importantly you see how the GP is actually a positive thing for Bahrainis to help them recover and rebuild.

I won’t make this forum post anymore longer as the article I’m about to link is a handful, but is one of the best written pieces on the Bahraini issue and fittingly ties it in to why you should support the Bahrain Grand Prix which makes it the PERFECT read for you all.

Here it is: http://bit.ly/lJdM4u

Enjoy seeing all the eye opening videos!

I’ll try to write another post with more videos that this article did not cover soon.

Thank you again for caring about us Bahrainis and hope you realize after reading this article how beneficial and important is the Bahrain GP is to us!

Kindest Regards,

LAK

P.S. Hoping we get what we deserve on Friday. I know we deserve the GP and are ready for it, and that it will help us a lot to recover some of our losses. If it doesn’t happen I’ll soothe my F1 fanatic self and make it believe that it’s for the better, and that 2012 is a better time to host it.

P.P.S. All the articles on the http://www.bahrainindependent.com (the same blog as the article) are an excellent source of information on Bahrain. They are written by excellent writers who are active in the social media and bloggers which makes this new but popular website the independent voice of Bahrainis.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.