Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 weeks, 6 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Tragedy in Argentina

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mariano Mariano 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

I’m writing this with tears in my eyes. There was a terrible accident in Argentina a couple of hours ago.

Guido Falaschi, born October 1st 1989, passed away because of the injuries. He was running second, when a backmacker spun off, hitting him, and starting a chain effect. Guillermo Ortelli, who was 3rd, was out of control and crashed into the back of Falaschi, who had bounced from the tyre walls, leaving him in the middle of the road. Girolami then crashed Falaschi heavily.

I’m writing this seeking releif. Because it’s incredibly sad what happened and because i watched it live.

RIP Falaschi.

the accident (watch at your own will): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNqx5fhd3g

He was exactly two weeks older than me. Another terrible loss. :(

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

He was 2 weeks older than me too.

And this comes after 2 weeks of another tragedy, as Ramiro Tot, an 11 years old kart driver, died in a race in Buenos Aires.

This is just a terrible month in motorsport. I’m totally shattered by what happened…

Profile photo of Ell
    Ell
    Participant

RIP Guido Falaschi.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

R.I.P. Guido Falaschi

The safety of these South American stock car series need to be reviewed. Wasn’t there a fatality at Interlagos earlier this year?

Profile photo of Enigma
    Enigma
    Participant

Rest in peace.

What a tragic autumn, four deaths in motorsport :/ I hope that’s it for a very long time.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wow… RIP. Even straight after the incident the cars didn’t look like they slowing down – seemed like there was no marshalling leading up to the incident.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Terrible accident.

I’m not sure if the marshals were waving the yellow flags although you’d have to assume they were. I think part of the problem was that the following drivers didn’t really slow down. There was so much dust in the air but they still went through pretty quick considering they couldn’t see where they were going. Plus the tire barrier fell apart putting tires on the track. Hopefully this will lead to some safety improvements. Motor sport will never be free from fatal accidents but the sport has to learn from all of them.

Profile photo of Maksutov
    Maksutov
    Participant

wow… terrible accident, very sad…

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

Very tragic. R.I.P. Guido Falaschi. If I’m not mistaken we’ve lost Sondermann, Wheldon, Simoncelli, Tot and Falaschi this year. And if two weeks passed between the deaths of Wheldon and Sic, and between the deaths of Sic and Tot, and between the deaths of Tot and Falaschi, this is also very frightening.

Profile photo of Mariano
    Mariano
    Participant

Horrible accident. My deepest condolences to Falaschi’s family.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.