Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 weeks, 4 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Tsunami in Japan

This topic contains 42 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CarsVsChildren CarsVsChildren 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Shocking news coming from Japan this morning, I’ve been watching the coverage all morning and my thoughts with everyone in the regions hit by the tsunami and earthquake.

Hope any members of the F1 Fanatic Community in the region are safe.

Profile photo of rabbit
    rabbit
    Participant

My condolences to those affected .

Profile photo of Maciek
    Maciek
    Participant

Unreal, the images. The tsunami wave is carrying burning fires along with as it mows down villages and destroys hectares of farmland. Flabbergasted and speechless. Fingers crossed that most people had enough advance warning to evacuate.

Profile photo of sw6569
    sw6569
    Participant

makes me realise how lucky we are to be living in the UK

Political unrest in the middle east/africa, natural distasters in new zealand, australia and now this mega quake in Japan with a Tsunami that will affect millions of people around the pacific. My thoughts are with them too, staggering what has happened in 2011 though.

Profile photo of BasCB
    BasCB
    Participant

I haven’t seen many pictures, but it sounds really bad. Those tectonic plates really got moving this time. At least 29 dead reported, but that is before anyone can get a start on really looking for the survivors. Hold on everyone in Japan as well as those aflicted by the Tsunami wave.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’ve been watching it all morning and the images are shocking. Thoughts are with everyone who has been affected.

Profile photo of RIISE
    RIISE

Did you see the Whirlpool? =0

I was only just in Japan about a month ago. It’s unreal seeing some of the places I visited being affected, like the Tokyo Tower. I’ve sent emails to everyone I know in Japan. I have no reason to think that they were in any serious danger as none of them were in the north-eastern region of the country but I will feel a lot of relief when I hear back from them.

Profile photo of BasCB
    BasCB
    Participant

Lets just hope the Japanese get that nucleor reactor cooled again in time to prevent further catastrophies. That would be total horror. After a ship with 100 people got lost and uncounted dead with the tsunami.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

From Lee McKenzie on Twitter:

“For F1 people wondering about the wonderful Kaz from Fuji TV, he has emailed me back safe and well ‘house a bit messy'”

http://twitter.com/LeeMcKenzieF1/statuses/46176096219176960

Profile photo of sw6569
    sw6569
    Participant

beautifully understated that comment about Kaz. Good to see they still have a good sense of humour despite the circumstances.

@RIISE the whirlpool was incredible! I didn’t even know that kind of thing actually happened outside of showers/bath tubs.

My thoughts are with everyone affected though, some of the pictures and film just defy belief

Profile photo of BasCB
    BasCB
    Participant

A live report linked courtesy of Sakon Yamamoto http://ow.ly/4cotJ

Profile photo of ajokay
    Anonymous

Taki Inoue hasn’t replied to my tweet yet! =(

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Inoue lives in Monaco so hopefully he’s OK.

Profile photo of JPedroCQF1
    JPedroCQF1
    Participant

Today I woke up, turned on the radio and listened it. Then I found myself running to the TV and when I turned it on, oh my god I couldn’t believe. Boats in the middle of the streets, the water taking away houses, some of them in fire. It was chaotic. And surprisingly when I arrived school all the people were talking about it. Not the usual hair talk or something like it. Of course at the science lesson that was the major talking subject. I questioned my teacher about the whirlpool and neither she was able to explain me. Something strange happened there.

My thoughts are with everyone in the affected regions, hope they will be able to cope with it and start over their lives quickly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.