• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week ago

The place for off-topic discussion

What car do you drive?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 34 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robk23 robk23 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aish Heydrich
    Aish Heydrich
    Participant

Getting slightly off-topic now.
    I’m not very rich, mid-class guy. I drive a VW Golf – 2002.

Profile photo of plutoniumhunter
    plutoniumhunter
    Participant

A Perodua Kelisa – yup, like the one Jeremy Clarkson blew up once.

Profile photo of magon4
    magon4
    Participant

Renault Clio Grandtour, 2011

Profile photo of Nicholas Sunderland
    Nicholas Sunderland
    Participant

I’m a couple of months away from being able to start driving, but my dad drives an Audi A4 Avant and a Porsche 911 from 2006. He’s not going to let me drive the Porsche, of course.

Profile photo of BenH
    BenH
    Participant

2003 Suzuki Wagon R
    Oh yeah! Jealous now arent you :P

Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

Just got my first car a week ago (even though legally I can’t drive by myself yet), its a 2005 Volkswagen Golf.

Before that, I drove my parents cars; a 2013 Volkswagen Passat, 2007 Toyota Tundra, and a 2007 Porsche Cayman S, which sadly will probably be sold today and traded in for a 2011 BMW X5 :(

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

57 Plate Renault Clio :P
    Not bad seeing as I’m only 18 XD

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

@brazil2007: Nice. Goodluck driving them, those are expensive cars. I’m sure if you ask your dad nicely or get him some presents you can bribe your way to the 911. Either that or chloroform, which always works. ;) just kidding.

@benh: That is actually amazing. I have a few friends who drive a Suzuki Wagon R, it’s a good car, nice handling and spacious interiors. Shame they’re gonna change the externals this year or next. It’s quite a bang for the buck.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

@polishboy808: Congratulations on your new car. How is the 2013 Passat? Looks wise it is much better than the previous ones I suppose. I wish to buy a Jetta soon, maybe in a few years time, as I won’t be able to afford a Passat. And if I can afford a Passat then I’d invest a little more and go for the Audi A4.
    Shame about the Porsche but BMW X5 is a good car.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

^lol

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

I drive a 2013 SEAT Ibiza FR which I got two days ago, one of the first 13 plates on the road!

Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

@aish Thanks! And the American Passat is slightly different from the European one (If I’m not mistaken, the American car is based on the same chassis as the A6, while the European one has the underpinnings of an A4). That being said, before we had the Passat, we had an Audi A4 Avant, and that car was great. I really like the Volkswagen/Audi/Skoda line of cars, but Volkswagen almost always ends up being the best deal. When we compared the American Passat to the A4, we realized the A4 just wasn’t worth the extra money (the base model A4 is about 8 thousand dollars more than what we payed for the Passat).

Profile photo of BenH
    BenH
    Participant

@aish its not a bad runner when it wants to be. Only thing is it likes to pop out of gear a fair bit and the roof leaked (botch-job fixed that with some epoxy resin down the side of the roof rack). Plus the timing belt is off so it has been known to stall on occasion when doing low speeds (0-5mph, so it does it a lot in car parks :P). Tyres need balancing properly too as I get a few vibrations when going over 65 (gets undriveable when going towards 85 [which, of course, I have never done ;)]). Other than those though, great runner. Most of it is fairly cheap stuff to sort out, its just getting the time to get it done. One thing I would want from it though is more boot space, as it isnt that great. Not practical for us as a family car anyway with pushchairs etc, but good for running round.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

2004 Rav4… used to have a 1988 corolla GTS with a 4age20v silvertop in it…. sad thing is I killed it going 120mph…. rolled it over and all…. the only salvageable things on it where the engine internals and the head… the block broke from one of it´s supports…
    I was a darn shame…. really loved that car. After it, I had a 2000 civic EX with some engine mods but sold it. Now I´m stuck with the RAV4 but I´m trying to get a corolla XRS. They are sure hard to come by though….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.