Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 4 days, 20 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

What else are you a fanatic about?

This topic contains 70 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Stephen Jones Stephen Jones 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

As the name of this site implies, we’re all F1 Fanatics – whether a casual observer or hopelessly devoted to the cause, we all love Formula 1. We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t. But the spark of curiosity has gotten the better of me: what else are we fanatics about? When you’re not talking Formula 1, what else can you be found discussing online?

Games. I’ve been quite active on NeoGAF for a few years. The place is huge but it is also a fantastic source of info about games and the users there really do know their stuff. You get a lot of actual industry figures posting there as well. Although I mainly stay in the Off Topic section these days because I don’t get a huge amount of time to play games anymore, but that’s also a brilliant place.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I meant to add more to my original post seven hours ago, but forgot.

Anyway, I’m a big fan of the James Bond films. I frequently hang out at CommanderBond.net, and until very recently, MI6.co.uk or whatever it’s called these days. I’ve always had a love of film-making, and the Bond films were the films that got me into it.

Fixy
    Participant

I’m a GP2 fanatic.
    I’m a GP3 fanatic.
    I’m a NASA fanatic.
    I’m a Star Wars fanatic.
    I’m a Super Mario fanatic.
    I’m a Zucchero Sugar Fornaciari fanatic.

ajokay
    Participant

Video games, very much so. Both playing them and the hard work that goes into making them. I’m also passionate about graphic design and art, cartography (the study of maps and map making), which goes hand-in-hand with a love of vexillology (study of flags). Then there’s science, especially astronomy. The rest of the universe is often more interesting than the lump of rock we get to sit on.

Tommo N7

Games, games & games. Rarely a day goes by without me playing a video game. I’m a huge fan of the ‘Mass Effect’ series, which have to be up there as one of the greatest game series of all time. I like pretty much all games near enough, currently addicted to playing ‘Football Manager 2012′ on the PC, which should keep my attention till Mass Effect 3 comes out on 9th March. If any of you are gaming nuts like me, feel free to add me on Xbox or PS3, ‘Tommo N7′ & ‘Tommo_N7′ respectively. Wouldn’t mind playing some games with other F1 Fanatics!

Olliek88

As well as F1 i’d say any motorsport in general but if i had to pick out a few it would have to be GP2/3 and the BTCC, the touring cars are great fun to watch racing, especially if Plato or Neal are involved. Also photography of motorsport is a passion of mine, its something i didn’t do nearly enough of in 2011 so i’m making it a priority to get to Silverstone whenever i can.

As others have said i do indulge in video games myself a fair bit, generally racing “sims” 99% of the time, i signed up to iRacing a few months back and its super addictive, been hooked ever since.

Randy
    Participant

My other craze is technology, gadgets, product and graphic design. I’m in a process of starting a new startup company and i devote a lot of my spare time in learning about typography, readability and ergonomics. I try to combine my hobby with my work.

Having that kind of interests i tend to look at every product, website i’m on from the design point of view to figure out how was it made to look and work as it is, and F1Fanatic is my main site of interest at the moment. :) I challenge myself how to make it look truly beautiful for the eye and superbly ergonomic at the same time, making photoshop mockups of various elements of the site as a way of training myself.

Anonymous

PM, thanks for starting this. I love these types of threads.

Ok, so for starters, I love video games. Not just of the racing kind either. I would quite happily sit down for an entire evening trying to figure out a part of a game or whatever. I don’t take part on gaming forums or any of that kind of thing. I’m quite happy to do gaming by myself (an exception being the Collantine Cup), that’s just how I roll. :P7

I also like the Bond movies myself. Goldeneye, despite all its exaggeratedness in parts, is my favourite of the lot. The game of the same name on the N64, remains, to this day, my most favourite game ever too, and one of only a couple I have beaten every part of.

My other passion is music. I don’t go a day without listening to music. I even bring the iPod to work, which they don’t seem to have a problem with. I love heavy metal and rock mainly, but I do have a couple of guilty pleasures on there too, which I will be keeping to myself. :P I’ve been playing guitar for 11 or so years. I used to play in a band back in the day which I loved. I have bought five guitars over the years, which is a lot considering I don’t play in a band any more, but hey, I could spend my money on worse things.

That’s basically me in a nutshell really.

Master firelee
    Participant

other than F1 I also love wrestling and halo probably because i was brought up watching and playing the games.

john

@prisoner-monkeys

This is a great topic. Im a Bond fan too, my favourite Bond acters were Connery and Brosnan.

A passion thats been with me all my life is Aeroplanes and flying. I believe the aeroplane opened up a great new era for man. If it can fly Ill like it.

Girts
    Participant

Well, I usually don’t discuss these online but here are some things that I have been obsessed with over the last few years:

1) Harry Potter books
    2) The Lord of the Rings movies
    3) Music – mainly pop music, my current favourites are Lady Gaga, Eric Saade and Colin Vearncombe, aka Black
    4) Germany

f1alex
    Participant

As with a few above I don’t tend to discuss these online, but my main hobbies/interests besides F1 are Karting and music. I play the bass guitar and listen to (and play) loads of different types of bands, my favourites at the moment being The Cure, Say Anything (see profile pic ;)), Nirvana and The Smiths, but I listen to loads of other stuff besides them.
    And with Karting I don’t own my own kart (wayyy to expensive!) but I compete in two championships, one at my local track and one that goes around a lot of the UK.

ledzep4pm
    Participant

Definitely engineering in general , along with most forms of motorsport ( I love MotoGP). I’m also really big on the outdoors, climbing biking mountaineering :D

Rocky
    Participant

I’m a Golf fanatic.
    I’m a Poker fanatic.
    I’m a PM F1 fanatic, always looking for PM posts as I always find them the most interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.