Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 weeks, 5 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

What motorsport series would you recommend over the winter break?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AndrewTanner AndrewTanner 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KiwiUK
    KiwiUK
    Participant

Used to love watching GP2 Asia Series as a good filler before the F1 season, but as that’s not on anymore are there any other series which are worth a watch? If possible can you post whereabouts you can find them too e.g. BBC One, ITV4 or online etc. Much appreciated!

Profile photo of Stephen Jones
    Stephen Jones
    Participant

TRS (Toyota Racing Series) is on down in New Zealand.. but that’s about it, plus it doesn’t have TV Coverage

Profile photo of wasiF1
    wasiF1
    Participant

Dakar but I guess it has ended.

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

I watched a bit of the Monte Carlo rally last weekend.

It’s the 24 Hours of Daytona this weekend:

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2012/Rolex-24-At-Daytona/Rolex-24-At-Daytona.aspx

Profile photo of KiwiUK
    KiwiUK
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions, it’s just a shame most of the series aren’t televised enough. I’d completely forgotten that WRC had started already – where’s the best place to watch that? I remember Dave did a roundup show a while back and heard rumours ESPN got the TV rights this year for it…

I’ll try check out the Daytona too in my quest to fill my GP2 Asia void!

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@KiwiUK Also keep an eye out for the Andros Trophy ice-racing – it’s on @motorstv in Britain.

Profile photo of Lin1876
    Lin1876
    Participant

Daytona sounds fun! Is it on TV here, and if so, is it on some obscure channel like ESPN or MotorsTV?

Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

There are a couple of World Rally Championship rallies if that’s your thing.

Discussion under here already way http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/world-rally-championship/

Predictable start to the season (Monte Carlo rally was last week) but enough driver changes to keep folks interested.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.