Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 2 days, 10 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

What’s the best name for this car?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Bradley Downton Bradley Downton 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    JPedroCQF1
    Participant

Taking into account that this is a sports car made to accomodate 2 adults and 3 children or 4 adults, with a medium-sized trunk, with this engine, that is limited on the road to 200 bhp (GPS detects whether you are on the road or on track), that can easily be lowered to racing ride heights and have its power and torque and so on increased… what name would you give to this car?

Also take into account this is for a school presentation.

Brian.

JPedroCQF1
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey God, that’s a horrible name!

I’ve thought of Liger, the hybrid cross between a male lion and a tigress. What do you think of it, guys?

Bendanarama
    Participant

Craig.

sam3110
    Participant

Cyborg

Zhenshia Hsiawa
    Participant

Quatorze

Mads
    Participant

VW Jetta RS?
    Though Brian as suggested by @magnificent-geoffrey does have a ring to it…
    Or for something slightly more German you could call it J-Pedro’s-Family-Transportation-Solution-which-is-Sporty-Comfortable-Slightly-Underpowered-Yet-Fun-Car or in short JPFTSSCSUYFC-1.

matt90
    Participant

As Ligier is currently a manufacturer (with its glory days firmly behind it), probably not that. Also, why is horsepower limited in the road?

JPedroCQF1
    Participant

@matt90 I meant Liger, not Ligier.

And horsepower is limited on the road because it’s also a family car. Speed is fun but not on the road, it can be dangerous. But 200 bhp is really enough to have some fun on the road. But if most would like to have the whole 814 bhp available at all times, I can change it.

matt90
    Participant

Sorry, should have read that more carefully. 814bhp seems excessive for any car that is capable of transporting that many people though. And 200 bhp is less than most hot hatches, so seems a very small amount for what I assume is a high-end car (a lot of car magazines complained that the biggest flaw with the Toyota 86 was it’s 200 bhp being too little). If you are concerned about safety on the road, maybe instead limit top speed.

Anonymous

Photon

Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Participant

Falcon

Paulocreed
    Participant

Cross, cuz it’s a dream to drive.

JPedroCQF1
    Participant

@matt90 I think I will accept your suggestion of limiting top speed. Either that or increase the limit of horsepower on the road to 400 bhp.

James Brickles
    Participant

The Buzz-saw

(Electricity buzzes ;) )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.