Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 3 days, 23 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

When the 2012 motor sport titles were won

This topic contains 78 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of  Anonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

I noticed the Auto GP World Series championship has already been won and it got me wondering at what point in the season the various motor racing championships will be won.

So I thought we could get a list going to note when each championship was decided. If you spot one that’s been decided add it below as follows:

22nd July – Auto GP World Series – Adrian Quaife-Hobbes – Round 12 of 14

Over to you – no championship too small!

duncanmonza
    Participant

9th September – Mitch Evans wins the GP3 championship by two points!

the_sigman
    Participant

What a thrilling battle! The lead of the championship changed hands 6 times!

Jarred Walmsley
    Participant

Tell me about it, very stressful watching for us at home in NZ, too damn close it was.

robk23
    Participant

Fantastic race, I was on the edge of the sofa for most of that race with the championship being decided in the last few laps of the season. The race also saw the first female points scorer with Powell finishing 8th.

katederby
    Participant

Quite an amazing weekend in GP3, delighted for Evans who has lead from the first race, Abt brilliant rookie season and Alice Powell getting the point she deserved.

f1alex
    Participant

The British Formula Vee championship was won last weekend by Paul Smith at Donington Park.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

9th September – Star Mazda Championship – Jack Hawksworth – Laguna Seca

http://www.indycar.com/en/News/2012/09-September/9-9-Hawksworth-clinces-Star-Mazda-Championship

ajokay
    Participant

Another Brit climbing the American single seater ladder. Seems like quite a popular option these days.

craig-o
    Participant

Not really titles as such, but IndyCar’s Rookie of the Year honours has gone to Simon Pagenaud of France, a great performance this season. The manufacturer’s title has also gone to Chevrolet, and the road course champion is of course, Will Power, with the oval course champion (RHR or Castroneves) and the overall champion (Power or RHR) to be decided on Sunday.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster
    duncanmonza
    Participant

15th September. Matthew Brabham, grandson of Sir Jack Brabham, wins the USF2000 championship and wins a drive in the Star Mazda championship for 2013. I believe he aims for F1, so he could go from Star Mazda to GP3 like Conor Daly did. It would be quite cool to have a third generation F1 driver on the grid, even if only his uncles races in F1, not his father.

katederby
    Participant

We’ll have to wait to see if Josh Hill can make it to F1 for that to happen, he’s doing ok, so far.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

I don’t know the specific dates, but Eric Liechtenstein won the Formula Ford EuroCup and Alexandre Baron won the French F4 Championship.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

15th September. Matthew Brabham, grandson of Sir Jack Brabham, wins the USF2000 championship

I just want to add a note that I actually got to watch him race in the USF2000 race at Mid-Ohio last month and he STORMED through the field from last place on the grid (due to a penalty) up to third! Kid is no joke.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.